HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Oct 16, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #5,491 of 11,924
When I first listened to the V3 after 1hr burn in to be honest I wasn't impressed everything seemed to be up in my face couldn't hear great seperation after 5 hr burn in with pink noise woooow!! That base Slam so tight and hits like a ton of bricks the amount of information I hear in the mids I wasn't hearing in the V2 the little cloudeness I would get in the mids from the V2 in the V3 it's gone! Am hearing so much more information throughout the music and I would say a sound stage like a med size bubble but mostly to my left n right straight line and slightly behind my ears. The vocals are warm and meaty no more sibalance Yay rejoice. The dynamics wow so much improved the Arya is fast now wow.

The Mandalorian OST - Main Theme
V2 - Yes great sound stage base lacked heavy sounded loose the mids recessed had to turn my volume up louder than I wanted to hear more information in the music everything sounded thin. Great instruments seperation.

V3 - Everything is pushed forward am hearing instruments with greater detail and authority like trumpets and chimes to the beginning Flute. The base much tighter and impactful. Sounds fuller and more alive across the spectrum. Hearing things in the mids I haven't picked up before. Seperation depth layers between instruments comes and goes much faster.

Why So Serious? The Joker theme The Dark Knight Soundtrack -

V2 - again lacks the transit speed or dynamics to keep up with this intense track.

V3 - am floored once more the V3 keeps up and I never heard it sound better more haunting visceral like on the V3 dyanmics speed violin the base everything hitting my eardrums with waves n layers of music when the base slams on this track the I can feel it in my chest.

Ok I need more burn in time but just based of 5hrs of burn in time I can tell the V3 is way more capable a all rounder than the V2.
To be frank this is not a Arya Hifiman should have just relabeled this one the Arya SE. It's more of a hybrid of a He1000se and Arya. At first I would question is the Arya worth $1599 because it lacked in major areas now with the revision I feel like it's a premium headphone worth more than its $1599 price tag.
See once again my 2021 V2 matches the V3 claim more perfectly than there V2.
If you want a bigger taller soundstage V2 is the way to go. If u want a faster dynamic hard hitting bass with fuller midrange warmer non sibliant vocals more detail with a mid size soundstage with great layering n depth the V3 is your choice. Just need more burn in time with the V3 to shine.
Again only time I've heard sibilant vocals is when I watched Youtube & this female cook had a sibilant whistle for S's when she spoke, Even the Audeze LCD-2C picked it up at the same level. As for great layering & depth I do have an advantage there in my system, but if you look at my first impressions: its not missing nor changed.
Funny enough with just 1 setting change, I can even match the V3 smaller soundstage, closer sound claim perfectly.

To be clear I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just saying all the V3 claims other than less soundstage match my V2 far more than the V3's owners V2 claims of lacking things or sibilant sounds. Something is up & there is only 1 way to find out what!. Ordered a Jot2 (8weeks) & i'll order a V3 to arrive around the same time.

Attachments

• df.jpg
    df.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Scene 4 2021-10-17_13-40-08.jpg
    Scene 4 2021-10-17_13-40-08.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 0
Oct 16, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #5,492 of 11,924
Has anyone actually measured the V2 and V3 on the same rig yet? All these subjective impressions are good but it would be nice to see what's actually changed from a measurement perspective.
In Resolve's latest video on CanJam he mentioned he was getting a V3 Arya soon and will be comparing the two (Resolve is great about measurements, so I'm sure that will all be included). I'm excited to see the differences!

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #5,493 of 11,924
Has anyone actually measured the V2 and V3 on the same rig yet? All these subjective impressions are good but it would be nice to see what's actually changed from a measurement perspective.
+1 and also measured matched volume. If you have two headphones with different sensitivity and plug a headphone and then plug the other, you can obviously feel "fuller" and "closer" the one that feels louder.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #5,494 of 11,924
I was trying to decide on a amp to keep for the foreseeable future so I bought some and borrowed some and did a amp shoot out. I had a audio gd, hpa4, bha 1, gsx mini, Soloist, senn hdv 820, jotunheim2 and 789 all at the same time, and just like arya the mini was very underwhelming at first but the more I listened I realized how great of an amp it is, it fit perfectly with my musical tastes and played amazing with all my headphones, including my he6se and a friend's susvara
What does it do better than the Soloist ?

Oct 17, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #5,497 of 11,924
Impossible choice. They each have a superpower and a weakness.

If I had to choose one: MEST mkii. Because it's a better all-arounder than any of my over ears
Agree with this. The Mest MKII sound great with everything IMHO although truly do love my VC as well.

My only real issue with the Mest is that it is an IEM and therefore can usually only wear them for a few hours at a time.

Oct 17, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #5,498 of 11,924
It's more detailed and has a slightly wider and deeper stage, I was also able to reach higher volumes with less distortion. Over all it felt like the mini was a class above the soloist, the only one I felt was on par with the mini was the bha 1
did you try the soloist with the ‘super charger’ power supply? made a pretty big difference with my conductor. lower noise, bigger soundstage and better dynamics. ymmv.

Oct 17, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #5,500 of 11,924
How big of a difference did it make? I purchased the LCD5 and my soloist seems to sound a bit flabby with them compared to my other headphones
difficult to quantify but it was noticeable. enough for me to say it was well worth the ~$300. but obviously with the conductor it is powering the DAC as well, and not just the amp, so i cant personally say whether it would be equally worthwhile for the soloist (although others say it is). it also probably depends on how clean your AC is without it.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #5,501 of 11,924
did you try the soloist with the ‘super charger’ power supply? made a pretty big difference with my conductor. lower noise, bigger soundstage and better dynamics. ymmv.
I did not, im sure it made a difference but I highly doubt it cchanged the soloist original tone enough to rival the mini and bha 1, the differences where not subtle

Oct 17, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #5,504 of 11,924
Nothing fancy, just an Atom and Modi 3 for now. Going to be upgrading soon.
Just FYI, I recently got a new Arya V2 (before they're no longer available), but I've been running it on an Atom Amp (and Atom DAC). I'm not quite ready to get a class A amp just yet (debating between a Soloist 3x sooner or a GS-X Mini later), so I bought a Schiit Magni 3+ in the meantime. And wow, the extra power makes a dramatic difference for the V2. It's significantly less sibilant (still there, though), better bass control, and overall less fatiguing. Just wanted to let you know since you said you've been using an Atom amp in your V2/V3 shootout.

I'm planning on doing my own V2/V3 shootout soon. I think I'll prefer the V3 based on others' impressions so far, but we'll see.

Oct 17, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #5,505 of 11,924
Just FYI, I recently got a new Arya V2 (before they're no longer available), but I've been running it on an Atom Amp (and Atom DAC). I'm not quite ready to get a class A amp just yet (debating between a Soloist 3x sooner or a GS-X Mini later), so I bought a Schiit Magni 3+ in the meantime. And wow, the extra power makes a dramatic difference for the V2. It's significantly less sibilant (still there, though), better bass control, and overall less fatiguing. Just wanted to let you know since you said you've been using an Atom amp in your V2/V3 shootout.

I'm planning on doing my own V2/V3 shootout soon. I think I'll prefer the V3 based on others' impressions so far, but we'll see.
Of you are not already. Put the Magni 3+ in HiGain for even more joy with the Arya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back