Hifiman Ananda
Jun 9, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #18 of 4,987
I think so.

Hifiman better come up with something more than "ultra". Probably "uber" for the V2.

It says

"All new Ultra-thin Planar drivers are faster and more transparent. The performance upgrade is mind blowing."

The price is not cheap, but acceptable compared to HEXv1 which was priced at $1800...

Seems an interesting product anyway. Look forward to hearing users' impressions soon.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #19 of 4,987
Ok, I took one for the team. I placed an order. We'll see if it sounds the same as Edition X. LoL

You earned yourself a like, bud.

It says

"All new Ultra-thin Planar drivers are faster and more transparent. The performance upgrade is mind blowing."

The price is not cheap, but acceptable compared to HEXv1 which was priced at $1800...

Seems an interesting product anyway. Look forward to hearing users' impressions soon.

Keep in mind that's from that seller, not Hifiman. They only sell like four headphones, all Hifiman. I really wouldn't take them seriously... but my life is unexciting and as you know I haven't settled on a headphone. To be honest I'd be curious if the HEKv2 replacement comes in at $2k and actually improves sound, but ain't nobody got time to wait for that. I'm also not sure what to think of them refreshing headphones like this. You can either be pretty cynical or give them the benefit of the doubt. Very poor form not to even provide a proper description of this headphone, not to mention the embarrassing mistakes. Quite unprofessional, and you hope that's isolated.

Jun 9, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #20 of 4,987
Ok, I took one for the team. I placed an order. We'll see if it sounds the same as Edition X. LoL

Awesome please be sure and let us know how they compare to the HEXv2's ..enjoy

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #21 of 4,987
Hot off the press! Just getting them warmed up but initially quite happy! Seems like a slightly airier hex V2

image.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #24 of 4,987
Hot off the press! Just getting them warmed up but initially quite happy! Seems like a slightly airier hex V2

Before you are harangued by endless requests for impressions and comparisons, maybe just a quick objective one...

What's the cable like? Length, termination, XLR, etc.? I can't seem find any info on it.

Thanks.

Jun 13, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #30 of 4,987
Great, will look for detailed comparison with Hex V2.

One quick question. Do they come with a carrying case ? Thats one gripe i have with Hifiman. Hex V2 is a brilliant headphone, the best as far i am concerned, is touted as portable and is ridiculously easy to drive but no Carrying case means that i have to carry the original packing box every other week. I go on frequent road trips for business and stay in the hotels. Thats where i want to use Ananda.

Also thinking about Mr.Speaker Aeon Flow Open as an option. Its got rave reviews and also comes with hard case. Can anyone compare AFO vs Hex V2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back