Hifigo responsiveness
Dec 5, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #16 of 30
I ordered a portable headphone amp from them, and it came defective. I sent Hifigo a movie of the defective amp as they requested (basically the internals are moving within the case, so if you tilt the amp, you can hear it clunking back and forth, which also makes the sound in one the channels go in and out).
Anyway, my question is they say they will pay between $20USD and $30USD for the return shipping, however, being in Canada, the absolute cheapest option to send back is $25CAD without tracking and by boat (3 month delivery time). The cheapest with tracking is $93CAD !! and UPS, Purolator, Fedex are all much much more expensive (up to $320CAD!)

Hifigo website states if the item is defective, they will pay the return shipping, but doesn't specify up to $30USD !

Any ideas what I should do? I sent them the video proving its defective, and because of the time difference, we average about 1 email back and forth per day. I'm also afraid they will say that its been too long (received the item on Thursday - it's already Tuesday. I notified them ASAP, but they are closed on the weekends).

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #17 of 30
I ordered a portable headphone amp from them, and it came defective. I sent Hifigo a movie of the defective amp as they requested (basically the internals are moving within the case, so if you tilt the amp, you can hear it clunking back and forth, which also makes the sound in one the channels go in and out).
Anyway, my question is they say they will pay between $20USD and $30USD for the return shipping, however, being in Canada, the absolute cheapest option to send back is $25CAD without tracking and by boat (3 month delivery time). The cheapest with tracking is $93CAD !! and UPS, Purolator, Fedex are all much much more expensive (up to $320CAD!)

Hifigo website states if the item is defective, they will pay the return shipping, but doesn't specify up to $30USD !

Any ideas what I should do? I sent them the video proving its defective, and because of the time difference, we average about 1 email back and forth per day. I'm also afraid they will say that its been too long (received the item on Thursday - it's already Tuesday. I notified them ASAP, but they are closed on the weekends).
Provide them with evidence about the shipping costs and shipping time, and ask them if they will cover the $92CAD for the shipping with tracking. If not, make them state who's responsibility it is, if the package is lost. If it is yours and they really don't want to cover more than $30, I would still go with the $92 option and take the loss. Unless the amplifier is very cheap, of course.

Dec 5, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #18 of 30
Provide them with evidence about the shipping costs and shipping time, and ask them if they will cover the $92CAD for the shipping with tracking. If not, make them state who's responsibility it is, if the package is lost. If it is yours and they really don't want to cover more than $30, I would still go with the $92 option and take the loss. Unless the amplifier is very cheap, of course.
I sent them screen shots of all the pricing available. But as it's China with the time difference, will have to wait another day for a response.
The amp itself was $415CAD, so paying $92CAD is still a pretty big loss.
Will wait for their response, but hoping that they do the right thing. Will let you know what they say

Dec 6, 2023 at 7:06 AM Post #19 of 30
I sent them screen shots of all the pricing available. But as it's China with the time difference, will have to wait another day for a response.
The amp itself was $415CAD, so paying $92CAD is still a pretty big loss.
Will wait for their response, but hoping that they do the right thing. Will let you know what they say
Update: They agreed to let me send to a place in the USA, so shipping back to a reasonable $20USD

Dec 6, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #20 of 30
Update: They agreed to let me send to a place in the USA, so shipping back to a reasonable $20USD
Perfect, good to hear they are reasonable 👍 Hope you will get the amp replaced quickly 🤞

Dec 6, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #22 of 30
Very good to know that they accept this way. I highly suspect that address should be a freight shipment company. They use several local companies to ship/transfer the packages internationally, so there is no excuse to refuse using them as a return agency.

Dec 18, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #23 of 30
Just wanted to give a little feedback on my experience with HifiGo. I ordered a portable amp which arrived with a defect. Hifigo team helped me with the return, and promptly gave me a refund and a refund for my return shipping. It was too bad the item was defective, but it was indeed a good shopping experience with hifigo, and would purchase from them in the future. Really good communication (despite the time difference).

Dec 19, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #24 of 30
Just wanted to give a little feedback on my experience with HifiGo. I ordered a portable amp which arrived with a defect. Hifigo team helped me with the return, and promptly gave me a refund and a refund for my return shipping. It was too bad the item was defective, but it was indeed a good shopping experience with hifigo, and would purchase from them in the future. Really good communication (despite the time difference).
Great that you come back to this thread and give an update 👍
Very glad to hear things worked out in the end, despite the disappointment over the defect unit :)

Mar 4, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #25 of 30
I have contacted HiFiGo support several times, for different reasons and I have never waited more than 24 to 48 hours for a response. And it’s usually quicker. Helen is the person I have communicated with mostly, and she is wonderful, but I’ve never been dissatisfied with anyone who has answered an email. There is a 14 hour time difference between where they are and where I am, so I try to keep that in mind as well. Overall I am really impressed with this company’s support and customer service. Shipping can take a while longer than I am used to, but they’re not Amazon (thank God) and don’t have their own logistics built in. HiFiGo will definitely communicate with you, but it’s true, sometimes some patience is required. They have definitely earned my trust though, and I have no hesitation when ordering from them.

Mar 14, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #26 of 30
Has anyone got experience communicating with Hifigo? I've contacted them several times with questions about products but not heard back. I know they have a good reputation, but their lack of responsiveness makes me reluctant to do business with them.
Hello JONES j'ai passé plusieurs commande chez

hifigo.com livraison rapide et SAV super rapide je recommande sans problème et au niveau des prix ils sont souvent les meilleurs bonne journée​

Mar 14, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #27 of 30
Just add my own recent experience here. I ordered something then found out that it's an obsolete product, so I contacted them to cancel that order in THREE different ways via their online messaging system, Contact us form AND direct Email (in time sequence). To my surprise, they replied to the direct Email, which was sent at last. I don't know whether it was because they found out that same person sent several same inquiries and only replied to the last one, or it was because the direct Email is the best way to reach them. You can try all three ways if you have difficulties contacting them.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:06 AM Post #28 of 30
I informed them by email that my ddHiFi DJ44C Pro adapter had split into 2 and I received an immediate reply from them very kindly offering to replace it for free which was the best response I could have wished for so I can highly recommend them.

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #29 of 30
I ordered a Hiby FC6, which was out of stock and eventually got discontinued. Customer service was very responsive to my inquiries and refunded me the payment as well as points used on the purchase promptly. Overall positive experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back