Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Dec 11, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #61 of 749
  It will be available in next firmware
wink_face.gif

popcorn.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #64 of 749
ADDITIONAL $10 DISCOUNTS FOR FACEBOOK FOLLOWERS!

1) LIKE our facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/hidizs

2) Send a private fb message to us to request for a claim code.
Facebook name: 
Email:
I want a claim code!

3) We will send you a claim code via facebook message.

4)Enter the code in your Amazon purchase and you will get $10 discount! (of course for buying Hidizs AP100 only
biggrin.gif
)

Promotion is available from today to 21 Dec 2014!

*Both Christmas Discount and fb follower discount are simultaneously available for one purchase.

Enjoy! 
wink_face.gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #65 of 749
Hi Hidizs!
Thanks for the AP-100, I like it!
Do you intend to offer more advanced EQ options in the next firmware updates? I wish for 30Hz-18kHz. :)
I use only custom mode but 50-14k it's less than I want.
Thanks.

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #66 of 749
Hello all AP-100 users!

I just received one for Christmas and I enjoy very much the sound quality.
My house headphones are Audio Technica ATH-900X and I really appreciate this kind of sound.

I want to buy nomadic headphones but I don't know which one.
I would like it to be pliable, not to big and to have a very good sound.

Can you advise me for a very good nomadic headphone ?

Thank you all for your replies!

Dec 27, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #67 of 749
i received my Hidizs ap100 off CTC Audio (your official canadian distributor i hope) a few days before Xmas. CTC was kind enough to match your Amazon.com's price offer for us Canucks. 

despite my initial trepidation,i had no issues with the operation of the Hidizs as UI is straight forwardly simple. despite early days, SQ is good & kills my Clip+ & various Sony DAPs. so am quite happy with the AP100 ..... except for battery drain.

i've only charged it 2x & both times, i listened for an hour or 2 before putting it down with the battery still showing full bars. the next day, i fire it up to find the Hidizs battery fully depleted showing no bars. am i the only one with this issue or is there something im doing (or not) correctly?

Dec 28, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #68 of 749
  i received my Hidizs ap100 off CTC Audio (your official canadian distributor i hope) a few days before Xmas. CTC was kind enough to match your Amazon.com's price offer for us Canucks. 

despite my initial trepidation,i had no issues with the operation of the Hidizs as UI is straight forwardly simple. despite early days, SQ is good & kills my Clip+ & various Sony DAPs. so am quite happy with the AP100 ..... except for battery drain.

i've only charged it 2x & both times, i listened for an hour or 2 before putting it down with the battery still showing full bars. the next day, i fire it up to find the Hidizs battery fully depleted showing no bars. am i the only one with this issue or is there something im doing (or not) correctly?

Did you shut it down completely?

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #70 of 749
  Did you shut it down completely?

To make sure, you can also use: Settings -> Auto shutdown time. It works well for me on FW 067

errrr....NO i didnt physically shut it down. didnt realize i had to do that manually as i thought it was like the Clip/Sony DAPs which go into standby mode consuming very little juice. Will go into settings for auto shutdown. thxs for quick answers 

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #71 of 749
Well this is my first post in Head-Fi, so pardon me for some mistakes if there's any 
biggrin.gif

So, I just bought this beauty about 4 days ago, and I really liked the sound right from the start and very satisfied. At least for the first day of use or so.

Then suddenly things became weird. The player randomly stopped playing and restarting itself. After some frustrating attempt of tinkering with the settings and updating firmware (although it already use the 067 firmware out of the box), I give up and let it drain its battery before charging it.

The next day another weird things happened. It won't turned on despite the battery was fully charged. I had to "jump start" it by let it charge for a moment before pressing the power button to turn on the player. But at least after that it was no longer crashing and restarting randomly anymore so I was quite content at that time 
biggrin.gif

But this morning that crash and restart cycle thing happened again so basically I don't know what to do anymore 
confused_face_2.gif

Except hoping that this is just some software problems and can be solved by some firmware update
biggrin.gif

Is this common problem in AP100 or am I unfortunate that I bought a defect unit? 
biggrin.gif

Any suggestion or comment is appreciated 
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #72 of 749
  Well this is my first post in Head-Fi, so pardon me for some mistakes if there's any 
biggrin.gif

So, I just bought this beauty about 4 days ago, and I really liked the sound right from the start and very satisfied. At least for the first day of use or so.

Then suddenly things became weird. The player randomly stopped playing and restarting itself. After some frustrating attempt of tinkering with the settings and updating firmware (although it already use the 067 firmware out of the box), I give up and let it drain its battery before charging it.

The next day another weird things happened. It won't turned on despite the battery was fully charged. I had to "jump start" it by let it charge for a moment before pressing the power button to turn on the player. But at least after that it was no longer crashing and restarting randomly anymore so I was quite content at that time 
biggrin.gif

But this morning that crash and restart cycle thing happened again so basically I don't know what to do anymore 
confused_face_2.gif

Except hoping that this is just some software problems and can be solved by some firmware update
biggrin.gif

Is this common problem in AP100 or am I unfortunate that I bought a defect unit? 
biggrin.gif

Any suggestion or comment is appreciated 
wink.gif

Welcome to head-fi.

No, I don't think it is a common problem. There are some issues on FW 0.68 regarding battery drain or incorrect battery life reported, etc. It should not crash and reboot. If you can, try a different firmware. Or you contact Hidizs. By the way, after using it, shut it down completely to avoid draining down the battery.

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #73 of 749
  Welcome to head-fi.

No, I don't think it is a common problem. There are some issues on FW 0.68 regarding battery drain or incorrect battery life reported, etc. It should not crash and reboot. If you can, try a different firmware. Or you contact Hidizs. By the way, after using it, shut it down completely to avoid draining down the battery.

Alright, thanks for your suggestions 
smile.gif

So there's good chance that my unit is at fault 
confused_face.gif

Btw I am still using fw 067 
biggrin.gif
 Not brave enough to try unofficially released fw 
biggrin.gif
 But I think I will give it a try as the last resort 
wink.gif

About shutting down, errr, I am unable to shut it down completely since this morning, it just keep restarting at random interval and I am completely lost at what happened 
confused_face.gif

Haven't tried the the reset button though, since I got no needle at my disposal currently 
confused_face.gif

Uhhh now as I am writing that last sentence I am more convinced that I got defect unit

Well at least there's still the warranty so that's good
rolleyes.gif

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #74 of 749
Try the reset button first and if there is no luck, suggest you contact your seller.

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #75 of 749
Try the reset button first and if there is no luck, suggest you contact your seller.

Well, somehow the reset button seems to work, AFTER I remove the sd card 
biggrin.gif

So, this leads me to (temporary) conclusion that the sd card is the culprit 
rolleyes.gif

Let's see if another sd card bring same result or not 
wink_face.gif

It's been working properly since last night using only the internal memory, no random crash and reboot, and the power button now working well

Too bad that means for the time being I can't use my sd card with the ap100

Still going to contact the seller though after the holiday 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back