Hiby R6 Pro, Any MAC users own this?
Dec 10, 2019 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

philbin

New Head-Fier
Hi all, and thanks for taking me in.

I'm a life-long Mac computer user who always had iPods - many of them. Recently, the last of the iPods has started to die, so I went looking for a better alternative, one that could play high-res audio like 192K FLAC files, etc. I landed on the Hiby R6 Pro.

This device has amazing sound, but the software available to make it work on the Mac is really non-existent. Android File Transfer is the only thing that works, apparently, and that is a kludged up little fragment of Beelzebub. There are others, but they are non-functional.

This is mainly because the Mac OS will not recognize the existence of the Hiby when it is USB'd into the laptop. If the machine won't see the Hiby, then the software won't sync with it either.

I've tried SyncMate for Mac and none of their three sync methods for syncing will work (Bluetooth, WiFi USB, all of which the Hiby supports), because the DAP simply doesn't exist, as afar as the computer is concerned.

Any other Mac users have this DAP? Or the R6, or any other Android-based DAP that you use with your Mac. If so, how do you get them to talk to each other?

Is this a lost cause? The sound quality is spectacular, and I'd hate to have to return it or buy a dedicated Android-based tablet just to deal with it.

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Phil

Dec 11, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 4
I have the HiBy R3 and my music is on a .Mac. Copied the files to the SD card with a reader and plugged it into the DAP. Worked without any issues. I always manage the files on the SD card directly. Fast and easy.

Dec 11, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 4
Never did, and never saw the need to.
My experience was always that data transfer is much faster when you directly access the SD card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back