HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Feb 20, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #47 of 1,534
any impressions?

Feb 20, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #49 of 1,534
Looks a good dap, dunno if wait R6 pro or try this one just for fun…

Feb 20, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #51 of 1,534
Looks a good dap, dunno if wait R6 pro or try this one just for fun…
The R6 Pro Gen2 (2023) or whatever it ends up getting called has an uphill battle with the ZX707, the to be released in 3 days Cayin N7, new stuff from Fiio and everything else available/ coming soon. Might as well be the year of DAP's - although Fiio has straight up said they are releasing everything this year don't expect much next year. The R6 Gen 3 seems to be getting a lot of praise, especially for it's price. If your actively in the hobby, might be worth checking out. I'm just looking to put my toe in, grab something and bail. Will see how the Pro turns out. Hopefully something amazing is in the works. 🤞

Feb 22, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #53 of 1,534
Mines just arrived to UK. No import tax or VAT hehe.

Very nice. Snappy and nice to use. Tho this is my first DAP since the Sony ZX1.

First impressions very good and love the MSEB. Makes a nice tool to play with. Transfer over Wi-Fi nice too.

And yeah GTA Radio app works lol.

I’m going to pretend I can write and full and useful review, but in just 5mims I’m happy with my drunken purchase.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #54 of 1,534
Mine arrived yesterday to UK, a typical speedy response from Hiby. Have had short listen to the R6 on class A and drives my Arya's and LCD x's no problem on medium gain. Sounds an improvement on class A to the R6 2020 I've got and also a lot quicker in operation .Have also bought the CR06 dock and linking this up with my desk top set up. So far its a bit glitchy, but if I can get it to settle down it will be a good addition to my deskfull of kit .

Feb 22, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #55 of 1,534
Mine arrived on Monday from MusicTeck, and like other people have said, it has very quick, snappy operation and is great to use. The free leather case has a VERY tight fit, and I actually slightly damaged the outside of the player trying to force it into the case. So if your case is too tight, do not force it and just use the plastic case which has a perfect fit.

image_50413313.JPG

Feb 22, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #56 of 1,534
I'm waiting for the FiiO M23.
I think that's going to have an AKM4499EX - mentioned in the 2023 new products fiio thread. It might be better to get the Hiby R6 Pro Gen2 (the new one launching this year - it's also an AK chip but not confirmed which one). I'm waiting for that and how it compares to the Cayin N7 (launching tomorrow). The better of the two is the one that I'll pull the trigger on. The Fiio M23 doesn't launch until Q4 this year - that's too far for me. I'm just looking to grab something that lasts for 4-5 years and has new tech/ good performance at launch.

Feb 22, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #57 of 1,534
N7 would be a different beast, definitely, impressive specs🤭

Feb 22, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #58 of 1,534
Mine arrived on Monday from MusicTeck, and like other people have said, it has very quick, snappy operation and is great to use. The free leather case has a VERY tight fit, and I actually slightly damaged the outside of the player trying to force it into the case. So if your case is too tight, do not force it and just use the plastic case which has a perfect fit.

Dang :slight_frown:
How could a leather case have caused that? Are there any metal parts/padding on the inside of the case?
Such a shame.

Feb 22, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #59 of 1,534
How come the output power is lower than a Hiby R6 Pro? Should I be worried?

I usually pair my R6 with a Fiio A3 amp via line out jack, though I only use 1More Quad IEMs or V Moda M100s so while they aren't exactly super fussy headphones, I don't get quite enough bass kick or volume without the A3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back