HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Dec 4, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #136 of 660
I bought a silver/white M300 and to re-iterate with other people's thoughts: i hope there can be a firmware to add a previous track button. I noticed that if you long press the "play/pause" button it skips track. Can that just be programmed to be previous instead of next track?

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #137 of 660
I bought a silver/white M300 and to re-iterate with other people's thoughts: i hope there can be a firmware to add a previous track button. I noticed that if you long press the "play/pause" button it skips track. Can that just be programmed to be previous instead of next track?
good to see you got one. Looking forward to impressions when you have the time.

Dec 5, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #138 of 660
My First Impressions of the M300:

IEMs used: Subtonic Storm, Dunu Zen, Hidition Viento

• Love the size and form factor. Reminds me of the Sony NW-A35/45/55 series or the A105/306. Not as nice build quality-wise but not far off.
  • Screen is bright and sharp.
  • 3.5mm jack only, but has speaker, which is good/bad. I find it annoying personally, because if I unplug my headphones, sometimes music will start playing out speaker which is umm unexpected while at work. :D
  • Android 13, pretty much bare bones. Has Play Store. I loaded it up with Poweramp and Roon Arc, and a 512GB microsd card
  • Uses stock android volume control system, for the most part. It looks like it may be slightly customized, but its not as fancy as other players.
  • Does not have a "previous track" button. Only forward track button.
  • Poweramp loaded my music off SD very very slowly for some reason. Much slower than I expected. No idea why. The SoC should be perfectly acceptable.
  • Snapdragon SoC
  • Has no problem with my IEMs including the very hard to drive Subtonic Storm.
  • Sound sounds for the most part, transparent, punchy, and airy. Definitely not warm like some older Hiby stuff. It's "clean" but not sterile.
  • Battery life is suprisingly good. Better than my other Android-DAPs for sure and can easily last a full day of off and on usage, even with my most power hungry IEM.
  • FM Radio app is something I miss from older HTC devices. Nice to see it back as someone who listens to a lot of Sports Radio.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #139 of 660

• Love the size and form factor. Reminds me of the Sony NW-A35/45/55 series or the A105/306. Not as nice build quality-wise but not far off.
  • 3.5mm jack only, but has speaker, which is good/bad. I find it annoying personally, because if I unplug my headphones, sometimes music will start playing out speaker which is umm unexpected while at work. :D
  • Android 13, pretty much bare bones. Has Play Store. I loaded it up with Poweramp and Roon Arc, and a 512GB microsd card
  • Uses stock android volume control system, for the most part. It looks like it may be slightly customized, but its not as fancy as other players.
  • Poweramp loaded my music off SD very very slowly for some reason. Much slower than I expected. No idea why. The SoC should be perfectly acceptable.
  • Snapdragon SoC
  • Sound sounds for the most part, transparent, punchy, and airy. Definitely not warm like some older Hiby stuff. It's "clean" but not sterile.
  • Battery life is suprisingly good. Better than my other Android-DAPs for sure and can easily last a full day of off and on usage, even with my most power hungry IEM.
  • FM Radio app is something I miss from older HTC devices. Nice to see it back as someone who listens to a lot of Sports Radio.
Thanks a lot for your impressions. Even though its not the intended use case, i wanted to see how much battery life it would give while using a dongle with it to compensate for the lack of balanced port.

Dec 5, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #143 of 660
Is it programmed to stop the battery from getting to 100% so that it last longer?
It could be... although this type of "battery saver" feature usually stops charging around ~80%. I suspect the battery is actually 100% charged, but the % charge / battery voltage curve has not been precisely calibrated yet by the software / firmware. If the feature is implemented correctly in the M300, it should "learn" after a few charge/discharge cycles what battery voltages correspond to 0% and 100% charge. Another (similar) explanation is that the M300 includes a "coulomb meter" (aka battery gauge, fuel gauge...) chip: these IC's also need to "learn" and calibrate the battery over a few charge/discharge cycles.

Dec 6, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #144 of 660

• Snapdragon SoC
when increasing or decreasing the volume with Bluetooth headset connected, is it the same small jump of volume steps as the Sony A300?

Dec 7, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #145 of 660
hi, I just purchased the m300, I have one small request, the volume steps for Bluetooth headphones takes a big jump high, I'm just comparing to my previous phone Xperia and the Walkman A300, those devices makes a small jump in volume to listen to the exact volume for one's ear, so basically my request for the next firmware if the team could change the volume jumps to a bit smaller steps for Bluetooth streaming, please. 🙏

Dec 7, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #146 of 660
Had it for few days now. It's my first DAP, very satisfied by it's size, SD Storage & the 3.5mm jack is good for me since I'm not using any 4.4mm cables.
The big surprise is how this tiny thing run very smooth on AndroidOS (on the purchase time, I'm ready to face a snappy Android experience).

- On thing I am not happy yet is the battery drain if you left your Wifi turn on.
- The volume button seem not working while screen locked (I'm mostly use Tidal)
- The buttons UX is kinda... weird
- Next track button is working fine, but the previous track isn't. I hope future firmware will address to this

Dec 7, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #147 of 660
Just received my M300 today. Everything went fine except it has very slow charging. Whenever I tried to charge it always shows "charging slowly". I tried every quick and normal chargers and cables i had but still got slow charging. The battery percentage is below 60% when charging. Is my unit defective?

I have a charger that has inbuilt current meter, and it always shows 5V 0.15A, the current can't go higher than that. Seems it's a very slow current.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #148 of 660
Just received my M300 today. Everything went fine except it has very slow charging. Whenever I tried to charge it always shows "charging slowly". I tried every quick and normal chargers and cables i had but still got slow charging. The battery percentage is below 60% when charging. Is my unit defective?
This can be a new Android phone issue, some of them charge extremely slow on the first charge when out of the box. Try restarting the device, disconnect cable for a while. If that does not help, just leave it do a full charge and check if they charge normally on the second charge cycle.
Make sure you have a good and high-speed charger. If it still happens on second charge, it must be defective.

Dec 9, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #149 of 660
Is it normal for the screen to regularly show a wiping effect when the M300 is charging?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back