Hi Sample Rate with Chaintech AV-710
Feb 9, 2005 at 8:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sammyfive

New Head-Fier
Hello to all might read this post.
icon10.gif
I recently got the AV-710 as per all the recommendations across the board but I seem to have a problem enabling the high sample rate mode via the 7/8 output (next to optical out .. correct ?)

I installed the via 4.42 drivers from viaarena over a fresh install of windows xp. In normal 2 channel mode, there is output thru the front green jack as there should be. When I enable the high sample mode and plug into the 7/8 jack, there is no output.

However, I can see that the card itself is playing content as indicated in the volume levels. By reviews, it seemed simple to enable the high sample mode thru the Wolfson DAC. Am I either overlooking a critical step or is the card itself defective ?

Any input would be appreciated .... thanks.

Feb 14, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 8
I'm really sorry to bump this thread again but has anybody had a problem of this sort ? I am reaching the deadline to rma the av-710 and would really like to avoid the hassle. Thanks in advance ..
confused.gif

Feb 14, 2005 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 8
i noticed a reboot after changing the settings solved my problem.

it seems the switch between the hi-sample rate and other options isn't immediate.

Feb 15, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #5 of 8
192khz?
eek.gif
Is there anything out there source-wise that uses such a sickeningly high sample rate, or is this just upsampling to smooth out less-than-ideal source files? AFAIK, the AV-710 maxes out at 96khz, which sounds very nice to my ears.
280smile.gif

Feb 15, 2005 at 9:15 AM Post #6 of 8
Thank you all for your input ... I really appreciate it. Sadly though, I still do not have the high sample rate mode working yet. I am aware that the program playing the sound has to be restarted as I learned that in attempting to get sound back in the normal 2 channel mode. I have no idea what is going on and fear that my card, or at least the 7/8 output is defective. Once again thank you all for your replies and hopefully I will soon enjoy the AV-710 as much as everyone else does.

Feb 15, 2005 at 9:49 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinbios
you have to restart the current program playing the sounds.

btw, i noticed that the av710's are supposed to go up to 192khz... anyone figured out how to do this?

Yes, it requires the usage of regular 2 channel playback.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...aintech+192khz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back