Hi-Res Help
Dec 27, 2022 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tall musician

New Head-Fier
Good evening,
I would like help deciding which level of DAP I should purchase. I have in the past had a nice home audio listening setup of Schiit Audio gear consisting of a headphone amp and a dac connected to my macbook with a 2 tb ssd drive and running hifiman he400s.

I had to sell all of that equipment for financial reasons. I now am looking at getting one player, portable, to use; in home, at work, and connected to usb in my car.
I was looking at getting the Fiio m17, have budgeted for it, but feel I will never use all of the hookups it provides. I do know that I want one player and will be happy with what I get. I am really leaning toward a sony, either the one that is $830, or the one that is $1400. Currently, I have a pair of Sennheiser 559 with upgrade cable, and am looking at the Sennheiser 660s. I also know that I am going to get a balanced iem to use at work. Other than that, I will use the player in the car connected to either usb or aux input.

Any help would be great with this!! I'm leaning toward Sony as I know and trust the brand and I do not need all the bells and whistles of the m17 or comparable device.

I do plan on streaming as well as downloading HD Tracks music to the device.

Thank you,
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back