Hi All.
Apr 5, 2014 at 12:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TwinACStacks

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi Guys/Girls. I'm a longtime lurker, so I thought it was Time I finally joined. I'm 60 Years old, Have been into Music and Guitar and Amp building most of my Life. I DO appreciate good sound. I currently have a Stereo/Home theater setup with a Marantz SR9000 and all Bowers and Wilkins Speakers with a Way Oversized B&W Sub just for impact. I've recently bought some Headphones, (actually 3 Pair that I really liked), AKG K550, AKG K702 and Senn HD600. So I have all the Bases covered. Yesterday I ordered a Schiit Vali Amp so I can power the Senns and 702's properly without using the Headphone jack on the receiver. Where would be my best option for a Line out signal? From the pre outs or the Multi Room outs?  Would inserting a stereo Jack into the Headphone jack in order to mute the speakers, ALSO stop the signal from either of these pre sources? Thanx for Your advice, and I also want to give a little insight on the Vali thread as well.

TwinACStacks (Keith)

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #3 of 3
  Hi Guys/Girls. I'm a longtime lurker, so I thought it was Time I finally joined. I'm 60 Years old, Have been into Music and Guitar and Amp building most of my Life. I DO appreciate good sound. I currently have a Stereo/Home theater setup with a Marantz SR9000 and all Bowers and Wilkins Speakers with a Way Oversized B&W Sub just for impact. I've recently bought some Headphones, (actually 3 Pair that I really liked), AKG K550, AKG K702 and Senn HD600. So I have all the Bases covered. Yesterday I ordered a Schiit Vali Amp so I can power the Senns and 702's properly without using the Headphone jack on the receiver. Where would be my best option for a Line out signal? From the pre outs or the Multi Room outs?  Would inserting a stereo Jack into the Headphone jack in order to mute the speakers, ALSO stop the signal from either of these pre sources? Thanx for Your advice, and I also want to give a little insight on the Vali thread as well.

TwinACStacks (Keith)

Welcome.   Nice bunch of equipment you got for yourself. 

Enjoy!!! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back