hhhhheeeeeelp!!!!!!!! What to buy? Shure srh 440 or Beyerdynamic dt 440
Jul 20, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #2 of 6
$60 difference
One is for rock, the other in neutral

If you arrived at the two you wanted to get, but have no idea which one you want, then you didn't do enough research

Just tell us what's your price range
The music you listen to of what you like to use them for
and any sources or components you own. (Ipods, mp3, Amp/DAC)

Jul 20, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 6
1.  Which have more bass? 
2.  Are the Shure 440 brighter in sound than the beyer`s?
3.  I red that the Shures are very strident. 
I havent found any comparison on the net.
Money isnt the problem!
4. i want to use them on my pc (onboard sound but powerful)

I listen to everything in music. I need some Allround-cans

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
Money isnt the problem!

I listen to everything in music. I need some Allround-cans

Shure 940 then

Beyer are mostly for Rock and won't have enough bass or thinner highs for classical music

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #6 of 6
I just got a pair of the Shure's, and have really enjoyed how they sound.  I have not heard the Dt's.  The only thing I have to say about the Shure's is that switching from the stock pads to SRH840 pads made a huge jump in comfort for me.  Worth the $20.00.  I also find that the headband is not padded enough for me.  I am experimenting right now with adding some padding to the headband. I think it will be an easy mod to make them fit my head better.  

Music wise they have been awesome.  They isolate really well.  I work in a big office, and need to be able to shut people out.  The only thing I can hear when I am wearing them is my phone ringing, and that only barely.  I can not hear my coworkers.  I listen to just about everything.  Lots of Jazz and Rock, some classical.  They have been very enjoyable.

-hal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back