HFI-780 vs. ATH-M50 vs. SRH840 or other ? [SOLVED]
Oct 1, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #16 of 17
Thanks Machoboy !

It's good to hear about an actual comparison between these two pairs, because the HFI580's came up too, ranked before the 780's in the guy's oppinon.
I think the SRH840's seem like a good go, I would only like to see if other people have suggestions before I order them !

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #17 of 17
Finally everyone, I've went with the SRH 840's and god, I LOVE them !
I must say I don't really have any other reference but if you're looking for close to crystal clear sound, man this is for you.

I mostly listen to rap but really other music styles too, and it fits them all.

There is only one little inconvenience; if I had designed them, I'd put a little dab more bass, and I swear they would be the perfect phones, except personally, I would never sacrifice music quality to bass so what I'm saying up there is if it were a perfect world. I'm more than happy with the Shure's !
Another con I guess, is that they are big; don't think of putting your hoodie cap over your head, you'll look like a jerk, but I guess they are normal sized for full-size earphones, it's just I didn't have any reference to go with. Also, they get heavy after few hours of wearing and with the pressure always on one spot of your head, all what I do then is just move the headband a little forward or backwards.

I'd suggest them to anyone looking for a first pair of phones, you can't go wrong with them, plus you really get the bang for your bucks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back