hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central
Nov 17, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #196 of 713
Oh sweet sweet Francis. Bless his heart (in the sincere way, not the veiled malicious way).

I don't cate what anyone says, Francis is the grownup YouTube version of Eric Cartman

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rOr1mSnGQ9A

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #198 of 713
I think everyone needs to see that pretty heart wrenching "draw my life" vid that "Francis" did. He's a totally unlikely Cinderella story in this day and age, and unless he's secretly some major *********, I've got nothing but love for that guy 

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #199 of 713
Francis is one of my absolute favorite youtubers. I find his more serious topics to be his best work. Nothing but love for the man.

Nov 18, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #202 of 713

Is it your picture on avatar? Are you returning home or what?

Yep it's me. I'm moving in with my father for a while, until I get a loan so I can buy an appartment. I have no luck with rentals, and it's not really strange, there's a "10 year waiting line" to get a contract. Some get it faster, but yeah, you kind of have to wait a long time to get a rental. So my only realistic option is to take a loan and buy one instead. They're usually around $200000 so it's not impossible to manage. Just have to live with my father for a few months first. Beats sleeping at the office though.

Nov 18, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #204 of 713
Yeah, it's nothing fancy and it's in a stockholmian suburban area. For $200000 though, you get a 1 bedroom appartment in a good suburban area with little to no problems in the south, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #206 of 713
Yeah, it's nothing fancy and it's in a stockholmian suburban area. For $200000 though, you get a 1 bedroom appartment in a good suburban area with little to no problems in the south, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Hmm, that sounds similar to what I can get here in Kuala Lumpur. Although maybe it's just my negativity clouding my opinion. The per capita income is unable to support the cutthroat prices houses or even apartments sell for now. Good news is that at worst a slow down or down turn or whatever its called is bound to happen in late 2015, so I'm saving for enough money for my own hole. It's nice that my mom can still cook dinner for me, but.... at 23 too...

Still, I'm grateful for the time and ease for now.
---------------------------------
The original point was: glad to hear you're on your feet again, cdc.

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #207 of 713
  Does "apartment" means something different in Europe-land?  Because holy ****. 

Agreed. In Wyoming you can get a 4 bedroom house on a half acre of land for $200000. Same is true in most of the southern U.S., particularly places like Kentucky and Alabama.

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #208 of 713

That is why in the former Soviet Union it is very common that grown up children live with their parents. Just because they can't afford to buy an apartment. The salary is enough only to cover basic expenses.

Traditional values: patriarchy, several generations living together etc. it is because of poverty. Such structure helps to survive. I think that when in America there will be too many people and it will be difficult to save money to live separately then there will be more and more cases when children would stay with parents.

Nov 19, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #210 of 713
And in New York you can get a toilet for that price. Offer and demand, population density. Familiar concepts?

Yes, definitely familiar concepts.

Even without population density, anything within walking distance of a ski slope is 4 times the price.

Prices mentioned above in the former soviet union surprise me though. I had thought that region was geographically large, like the rural U.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back