HF-2
Sep 17, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #1,051 of 1,149
ohhh so where can I get those 8 wire cables?

Are they expansive? I dont want to spend over $50 on this.

A little help plz?

Sep 17, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #1,052 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by pzm9pzm9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ohhh so where can I get those 8 wire cables?

Are they expansive? I dont want to spend over $50 on this.

A little help plz?

Maybe Todd knows?

I think Grado will go to 8wire cable when the 4wire is sold out.

Sep 17, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #1,053 of 1,149
could somebody tell me what the differences are between 4wire & 8wire?
If I buy 8wire extension cable, can I still use it for 4wire headphones?

Sep 17, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #1,055 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wanted to ask the same.
Is it a real advantage in wearing?
On my head the original Grado pad always is not in parallel to the head surface (in front higher).

Edit: found this link
JMoney Audio

A stiffer headband will result in the earcups aligning more parallel to your ears and a wider headband will help to disperse the weight.

Sep 17, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #1,056 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spiffy, bro.
beerchug.gif

On first glance, the JMoney pad seems slightly thicker and longer but significantly wider. One last thing, is it easy to install these?

Piece of cake. There's some adhesive that holds the metal band in the hole on the black plastic. Just rock it back and forth a little and the adhesive will "give". You can apply more glue once you get the pad on, but I haven't yet. The metal band sits pretty snug in the hole. Use needle nose pliers to rock it back in. (use some cloth in the plier teeth to prevent abrasions)

Edit: yes, the pads are significantly thicker and wider.

Sep 18, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #1,057 of 1,149
what is the best way to keep the black blocks to hold the metal bar so that one earcup doesnt slide aggressively?

Sep 19, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #1,058 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is the best way to keep the black blocks to hold the metal bar so that one earcup doesnt slide aggressively?

If I understand your question correctly, hot glue. If I had to guess, I'd say that was what Grado used at the factory.

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #1,060 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Loctite.jpg

It's for making sure that screw threads don't back out by due to vibrations, but once it dries you can still move the block if you want, it will just provide some more tension, and it's cheap and available at ant hardware store.

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #1,061 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone get an email saying theirs have shipped yet?

Nope, but based on countless surprise shipments I'd give Todd the benefit of the doubt.

Sep 23, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #1,064 of 1,149
patience. good things come to those who wait. it isnt october yet and we thought that was the time for the last run. chung you ordered when like 10 were left no worries you will get it
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #1,065 of 1,149
Yup! I'm definitely not even going to open them and sell them at a significantly marked-up price to recover from the delay time and fruitless pain it took to get them.
wink.gif

I'm serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back