HF-1 ethics question!
Oct 1, 2005 at 7:23 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo diaz
hahaha
NOOO.
I am being misunderstood; I did not come here to get the new Grados. I originally came here because I broke my beloved Grado SR60s, needed advice on how to fix them myself, saw the banner on the top of the page for the Grado HF-1s, and inquired about whether or not I should get them.

And here I am.

=]

That makes you a head-fier. So there's nothing unethical to worry about.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 8:08 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReDVsion
Well, the hazing ritual typically involves emptying your wallet of all of its funds. After you've done that, all the guys here, like a bunch of drunken frat boys, get to yell "sorry about your wallet!" and have a good laugh at your expense. You will feel shamed, humiliated, yet somewhat proud to be a part of something as distinct as our group. It also helps to know that everyone else here has gone through the same grueling ritual.

Since the HF-1's cost more money than most sane men would normally spend on headphones, I think they more than qualify you for initiation.

The best part of this ritual is that it's self-inflicted!
rs1smile.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 11:53 AM Post #18 of 29
A while back we had a thread concerning "what makes a head-fi'er" and a lot of people felt that all you needed to bleong to our group was atleast one post (I two feel thins way) and acceptance of our hobby.

So if you look at yourself... O LOOK you have >1 Post! Welcome aboard.

Also the HF-1 represents a great value, not only is it about the same price as the SR225 but for very headphone purchased $25 is donated to the forum. I'd say, welcome head-fi'er and enjoy your new headphones!

biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 1:32 PM Post #20 of 29
If you already had a pair of sr60's before you found Headfi, then I think you should definately be welcomed here. I had a pair of sr80's before I found this place. I never knew how many headphones and amps were available.

btw, I still don't feel like an "official member" since I don't have many posts over the years. When I do have a question, members are always more than happy to help me out though.

Welcome...and go for the HF-1's. They are an amazing upGrado over the sr60's. Oh, then you will need an amp, new source, interconnects.....!

Oct 1, 2005 at 1:44 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo diaz
gradosr60.jpg

BEHOLD.

Anyone who has went through tearing down a set of cans several times to attempt repairs and keep them alive, and then goes through withdrawal when said repair is unsuccessful is more Head-Fi addicted than most others.

Welcome to our never-ending quest!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #22 of 29
Part of the price of the HF-1 goes to support the forum, so I really don't see any problem. As many people say, you probably were a Head-Fier before and just didn't know it.

Oct 1, 2005 at 4:12 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by DobsOnly
Anyone who has went through tearing down a set of cans several times to attempt repairs and keep them alive, and then goes through withdrawal when said repair is unsuccessful is more Head-Fi addicted than most others.

Welcome to our never-ending quest!
very_evil_smiley.gif

hahahhaa, Oh, man.
=[

I had to jump on my puter and play music as soon as I got up.

Oct 1, 2005 at 4:35 PM Post #24 of 29
Welcome to the forum Ricardo.I hope I'm wrong,but did'nt all HF-1 orders have to be in before today(by the end of Sept.).I think it's great that the membership is expanding due to the HF-1's,now you just have to post every now and then,and hit some meets.Gary.

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #25 of 29
No, the latest date was suspended because Grado couldn't keep up with the incredible demand and Todd suspended taking orders. When the final date is I don't know.

Oct 1, 2005 at 9:57 PM Post #26 of 29
Welcome from another new member. My face shows how exited I am for the hf-1s. and how "attractive" I can be

Oct 1, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #27 of 29
Plenty of people signed up specially for the HF-1, and there's been no backlash there either. Good of you to ask, I see how you might be worried
smily_headphones1.gif
Oh, and welcome to Head-Fi, and the sickness
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #28 of 29
if you got the money and you're enthusiastic about this hobby, go ahead and pick one up. I wrote about it on my blog as well and managed to convince someone like you (a non-headfier but had a Grado SR60) on IRC to save up for the second run of these. In the end it only helps this forum.

I've been here forever so I'm not going to show any sympathy for your wallet. I've been trying to quit for the last 2 years but that's not working out at all right now...
so suck it up and come join the crowd already
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #29 of 29
I have a sharp palate already.

I have things in my sight which I need to save up money for (Macintosh computer, Pom Juice, etc).
Thus, I need to get a job to supply this "problem". Once I go in and apply at the local non-Starbucks coffee house!

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back