Hey you should check out...
Dec 14, 2010 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sorensiim

Headphoneus Supremus
Don't know if this has been done before but seeing as we have users from literally all over the globe I think there must be a TON of "unknown" great bands, singers, performers, recordings etc that you enjoy but haven't seen mentioned here before. The idea is simple: Post one or two "unknown" (to most people) tracks that you enjoy and jot down a few words about why you just HAD to share them :)

Agnes Obel - Riverside

BEAUTIFUL voice and lyrics, the second track from her album "Philharmonics". Stunning album, nothing less. I find myself just closing my eyes and floating away into the music. Kinda akward at work, but screw that.

Rammstein - Amour

I seriously hold this to be the best song ever written about love. Quite a bold claim, but read the lyrics (translated, for you germanically challenged individuals out there :wink:) here. Exerpt:

Quote:
Love is a wild animal
It bites and scratches and kicks towards me
It holds me tightly with a thousand arms
and drags me into its love nest
It devours me completely
and retches me back out after many years
It drops softly like snow
First it gets hot then cold in the end it hurts

The lyrics, the many layers in the music and the way the song builds up it's pace is just amazing. Once you get over the language barrier, Rammstein have quite surprising depth to their lyrics...

Dec 14, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 3
Good band there. I always listened to Rammstein despite i dont speak german. 
tongue.gif

Okay, here's mine 

Dead by April, they have deep and meaningful lyrics...simply awesome. 

Dec 16, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 3
I've learned more about the german language from Rammstein than from 6 years of it in school. (Look up Denmark on Google Maps, we kinda need to understand the Germans).

Anywho, this album is something completely different, and completely awesome - for free. Jaydiohead - Jay-Z Vs. Radiohead. Fully legal download here: http://www.maxtannone.com/projects/jaydiohead/

"99 Anthems" and "Wrong Prayer" are just, pardon my french, it's worse than my german (but better than my Spanish), kick@$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back