Hey y'all
Jan 22, 2007 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Thaddy

Headphoneus Supremus
*waves*

Hey guys
biggrin.gif

Just dropping by and saying hello. I haven't been on the boards for a while, and ended up selling the last of my headphone setup a week or two ago. Since moving to Houston ~6 months ago I had a drastic change in my lifestyle; one that left me rarely listening to my headphones. 100% of my listening is now done with my computer and Paradigm Atoms, or in my car.

So, I figured why not get rid of it all and give myself the chance to start from scratch later down the road. Music isn't going anywhere, and Head-Fi still seems quite busy, so I doubt our little hobby isn't either.

I guess I'll go back into lurk mode now, but maybe I'll reappear when those new Sennheisers come out (they are, aren't they?!)
orphsmile.gif

edit: Oh crap, I was trying to show off my new Texas accent in the title, but the 'ya'll' got cut off due to a twitchy 'Enter' button. Mods, please?

Jan 22, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 13
hi...
blink.gif

Jan 22, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #3 of 13
Hey Thaddy, good to hear from you. I'm sure eventually you'll have more time to dedicate to a good headphone system. Until then why not hang back and see what kind of new gear comes out.
I refuse to adopt a Texan accent, I'm keeping my Alaskan accent (if there is such a thing).

Jan 22, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #4 of 13
Long time no see, Thaddy. Good luck with the whole Storm Digital investigation thing!

Jan 22, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #5 of 13
Hey Thaddy, for future reference, y'all is spelled "y'all" and not "ya'll". You don't want other southerners to think you're a dummy, do ya?
tongue.gif

Jan 22, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
singles_outkast.jpg

^ Exactly what I was waiting for
cool.gif

Jan 22, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You sold your headphone setup? NOOOOOOOOO!

I hope this doesn't become a new trend, since Merc did the same thing...
frown.gif

i am patiently waiting..they will be back...

Jan 22, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #12 of 13
He'll be back... oh yes... he will...

And never fear Zack, by that time we'll have something truly tasty to lure you back to team NH DIY!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 22, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He'll be back... oh yes... he will...

And never fear Zack, by that time we'll have something truly tasty to lure you back to team NH DIY!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I don't doubt you will Nate
very_evil_smiley.gif

And Jahn, don't worry, I'm pretty sure I'll be back too. I really needed a break and had to focus some fundage and time into other areas of my life. Since I graduated, I've been enjoying areas outside of my computer room (not to mention having a real job!) but I guess this is what it's like being a grown-up
smily_headphones1.gif
However, music has always ran through my veins, so not coming back to this hobby would be like Da Vinci using crayons to draw a picture. It's just not right!

Oh, and speaking of other hobbies, this is what's taking up most of my time and money
icon10.gif

IMG_1191.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back