Hey guys
Jul 16, 2013 at 3:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

julzd

100+ Head-Fier
just introducing myself - been on these forums for ages now but never thought to join up haha. At the moment have ath-m50s but am feeling like a good upgrade really soon (tried out my some of my friends various open phones and really liked the different sound). also im gonna get a portable amp pretty soon and was leaning towards fiio e11 for a cheap starting point unless there are any better suggestions? but yea the main point of this was just to say hi :)

Jul 16, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 8
Hi there!
I own the ATH M50s as well, and just like you want to get the fiio e11. Unfortunately it's 140 dollars here in Sweden (What).
And by the way, what are the headphones you are considering to upgrade to? I'll keep going with my M50s' for a while but it's always good to prepare for an upgrade early on ^^

Jul 16, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 8
woah that's a ridiculous price..it's only $60 in australia - I was originally thinking the beyer dt880 250ohm pro's as they're quite cheap on amazon but i've read a lot that says they are too analytical (and I need a headphone that I can relax with).  so now im thinking the sennheiser hd600s as that should be a huge improvement over the m50s and should last me ages. 

Jul 16, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
woah that's a ridiculous price..it's only $60 in australia - I was originally thinking the beyer dt880 250ohm pro's as they're quite cheap on amazon but i've read a lot that says they are too analytical (and I need a headphone that I can relax with).  so now im thinking the sennheiser hd600s as that should be a huge improvement over the m50s and should last me ages. 

I am considering either the sennheiser hd 600 or 650 myself. They seem to be very popular here and cost a reasonable amount of money. I'll try to compare them at a music store later on but I think the 600s will be a better upgrade for me because they are 100 dollars cheaper. These headphones will require an amp (which I don't currently have) so it can get quite expensive considering this will be my first upgrade from the m50s. 

Jul 16, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #5 of 8
yea they were my thoughts too and from other reviews it seems that some people like the hd600s more anyway. It's a bit annoying finding places to try them out though since many of the shops down here only stock up to the 598s 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back