HEY! Anyone know about painting the MDR-V6 SILVER?
Sep 24, 2001 at 9:52 PM Post #16 of 21
"You know, I've been a DJ before, and what he's saying is bunk. No one looks at the DJ's headphones. No one cares."

To alot of people, and ALOT of DJs, its partly a fassion thing... unfortunely. Though its certainly not such a huge thing that ANYBODY should have to sacrifice what is actually needed in a mix for that stupid ****ing reason. In situations where the DJ is like a celebrated artist (I don't like that, but think of raves and ****), sure, you shouldn't just look at your wheels and mixer. Throw your hands up or MC a little bit, but nothing, NOTHING that would need you to have those headphones as a requirment.

Sep 25, 2001 at 12:06 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

To alot of people, and ALOT of DJs, its partly a fassion thing...

I think the latter is more accurate -- to a lot of *DJs* it's a fashion thing
wink.gif
One of those things where people in the group are trying desperately to impress the people outside the group, not comprehending the fact that those outside the group couldn't care less
wink.gif

Sep 25, 2001 at 5:55 AM Post #18 of 21
Nail polish would work. If he's spinning goa trance, he can use glow-in-the-dark colors. If he's spinning garage, he can just use pure white and sloppy, chill -- pastels, etc. Also, if it starts to chip, just touch it up. He doesn't need to make it look _perfect_...

WRT whether or not the DJ should be vain -- it depends on the kind of music he spins. I listen to a lot of darker music -- industrial, EBM, etc. -- so black works. And the DJ could still get away with it, depending on where he's spinning. He wouldn't need silver ones at a strip club. L, he could have the most gnarly 70's orange ones, and no-one would give a FF...

Sep 25, 2001 at 6:08 AM Post #19 of 21
i have a friend that owns a dj company, and i used to work with him a bit. (why is it that all dj's have the worst headphones?) i'd say if you were good at spinnin, then then you wouldn't need to impress people with fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back