Hey all, new member
Dec 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cprime

New Head-Fier
Hello, just joined today and wanted to introduce myself. I'm mainly a lurker on forums I'm interested in and don't really post much, but I figured sooner or later I'd have a question or comment regarding my budding interest in headphones. I have a small collection that started last year which is by no means high-end, since I'm on a budget. The Monoprice 8323 was first, followed by Logitech's UE 4000, Incase Sonic, Koss TBSE1, and JBL J55; all of which I got for decent markdowns in price. I'm considering Sennheiser's HD518 and 558 for open back and Phiaton's Bridge MS 500 (currently on sale at Amazon) for closed back. My aim or preference is for a nice clear, full sound with a good low end that won't break the wallet ($130 to possibly $150 max, maybe more around tax time). No portable amp or DAC at the moment but definitely looking to get one or both down the line. And I'm not sure how far or how long I will go with this but moderation is the running theme
smile.gif
. I like soundtracks/film scores, house/dance/techno/ambient/electronic, some rock, some pop, some funk, some of everything else, whatever catches my ear.

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #2 of 4
  Hello, just joined today and wanted to introduce myself. I'm mainly a lurker on forums I'm interested in and don't really post much, but I figured sooner or later I'd have a question or comment regarding my budding interest in headphones. I have a small collection that started last year which is by no means high-end, since I'm on a budget. The Monoprice 8323 was first, followed by Logitech's UE 4000, Incase Sonic, Koss TBSE1, and JBL J55; all of which I got for decent markdowns in price. I'm considering Sennheiser's HD518 and 558 for open back and Phiaton's Bridge MS 500 (currently on sale at Amazon) for closed back. My aim or preference is for a nice clear, full sound with a good low end that won't break the wallet ($130 to possibly $150 max, maybe more around tax time). No portable amp or DAC at the moment but definitely looking to get one or both down the line. And I'm not sure how far or how long I will go with this but moderation is the running theme
smile.gif
. I like soundtracks/film scores, house/dance/techno/ambient/electronic, some rock, some pop, some funk, some of everything else, whatever catches my ear.

Welcome!

By the way, for me, a pair of $400 headphones is better than 3 $130 ones, but that's just me. Whichever way you go, good luck!

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 4
Awwww shucks, I get to be the first!

Welcome to head-fi - Sorry about your wallet!

I echo the above advice by the way, though you can do well with $150 - $200.  Check out the FS forums by the way.  Used to require 50 posts, don't know if that hs still a rule.  Some good stuff at lower prices.  Just do your due diligence on any seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back