Help with Sony Xba-2
Jul 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ty1234

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I have a quick question about my Sony xba-2's. I feel like I have a good seal in both ears and I insert them them the "proper" way. But the audio sounds a little left-centered. It isn't a huge difference between the left and right channel, but it is noticeable. I just needed some help as they are my favorite headphones and they were expensive (to me since I'm 14).

Jul 11, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 4
Did you check to make  sure that the balance setting on your player is in the center? Did you check to make sure one of the nozzles isn't clogged with ear wax? Did you check the headphone plug to make sure it isn't dirty(you could try wiping it with a damp cloth). (Did you try the same songs and player with other headphones or earphones? If it still sounds improper with other headphones, then try the other headphones with a different source. If it still sounds off with other headphones and a different source, then you might have a buildup of earwax or some other issue affecting your hearing in one ear.

I once damaged the sound on some earphones by dropping them too many times. One side did end up putting out more volume than the other. They weren't BA IEMs though.

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #3 of 4
My walkman doesn't have balance setting and there is no wax. I've cleaned them and the plug and it still sounds the same. It doesn't sound the same with other headphones so I think it is the seal maybe.

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 4
Hello!

I have the XBA line earphone as well and if you are using the stock eartips, it shouldn't be the fitting problem but in case it does, here's how I instert them: [Sorry, I do not have my portable camera with me to take you any picture rather than typing]

1) Ensure that, your eartips are securely fitted in the nozzle. 
2) Since it's a J-cord, I first hook it around my neck then wear the left earpiece to my left ear and right earpiece to my right ear.
3) When you are inserting it into your ear, make sure you pull your ear up a bit then insert to ensure a good seal and noise leakage. [Pretty sure you do this].
4) Ensure the headphone jack are fully inserted into your Walkman

All the above 3 steps, either one of it can be the possibility for differences in volume. 

My question is, have you ever remove the eartips? If so, refer to Step 1 above. If not, try removing it, and replace it with different size of eartips to see if there is still any volume differences. 

Lol...I too love my XBA as well XD

Hope this helps!
Billson 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back