Help with Sennheiser G4me Zero Headset hookup to Xbox One
Jun 23, 2015 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Dreman90

New Head-Fier
    Hey everyone! Long time lurker on here. Finally decided to join the community and hopefully get some help to this wiring issue I seem to be having. Please excuse my lack of knowledge on anything audio and assume I am a total noob when it comes to anything related to audio. Thank you!

I'm currently trying to hook up a Sennheiser G4me Zero Headset, FiiO E17 Alpen Portable Headphone Amplifier USB DAC, and Xbox One all together. I will post the links below so that you can see the specs for each item. The issue I'm having is that I can either hear game audio but no chat or vice versa. I have tried every possible combination of cords and wires but have failed every time. My ultimate goal is to be able to hear both game audio and game chat using the items I've purchased. I understand that normally this headset is built more towards the PC gamer (which I also do) but I would like a better alternative than the stock, cheap chat headset included with the Xbox One. I'm also willing to buy whatever cords to make this a reality. Thank you for your time!

Sennheiser G4me Zero Headset

FiiO E17 Alpen Portable Headphone Amplifier USB DAC

Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter

KabelDirekt Digital Optical TOSLINK Cable

The PCV 05 Combo Audio Adaptor

Also various cables that came with Amp such as 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male

Again thank you for looking at this and giving me your time. It is very much appreciated! Any advice is also welcome!

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 10
i might be able to help you. first i have a question, what are the ends of the cords on your headset? like is it a usb, a single standard (3.5mm) jack, or 2 standard head phone jack.

in simpler terms, would you be able to connect them to a phone through the headphone jack, and if you could would there still be someting hanging off that you didnt plug in?

Jun 23, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 10
   Hey everyone! Long time lurker on here. Finally decided to join the community and hopefully get some help to this wiring issue I seem to be having. Please excuse my lack of knowledge on anything audio and assume I am a total noob when it comes to anything related to audio. Thank you!
I'm currently trying to hook up a Sennheiser G4me Zero Headset, FiiO E17 Alpen Portable Headphone Amplifier USB DAC, and Xbox One all together. I will post the links below so that you can see the specs for each item. The issue I'm having is that I can either hear game audio but no chat or vice versa. I have tried every possible combination of cords and wires but have failed every time. My ultimate goal is to be able to hear both game audio and game chat using the items I've purchased. I understand that normally this headset is built more towards the PC gamer (which I also do) but I would like a better alternative than the stock, cheap chat headset included with the Xbox One. I'm also willing to buy whatever cords to make this a reality. Thank you for your time!
Sennheiser G4me Zero Headset
FiiO E17 Alpen Portable Headphone Amplifier USB DAC
Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter
KabelDirekt Digital Optical TOSLINK Cable
The PCV 05 Combo Audio Adaptor
Also various cables that came with Amp such as 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male

I'm going to make my best guess, as I never use gaming consoles (I just the one who buys the gaming consoles, for my nephews)

Connect the Xbox One to the E17, using optical cable, connect G4ME Zero's green plug into the E17's headphone jack.
That Y adapter (green/pink female jacks) that came with the G4me, plug the G4me's pink plug into the pink jack on the Y adapter, plug Y adapter into the Xbox One console or the game controller plug (not sure which).
Go into the xBox One's audio setting, set audio controls for stereo audio, do not enable any Dolby or surround sound settings.
This is my best guess on the gaming hardware what you have.

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 10
  i might be able to help you. first i have a question, what are the ends of the cords on your headset? like is it a usb, a single standard (3.5mm) jack, or 2 standard head phone jack.

in simpler terms, would you be able to connect them to a phone through the headphone jack, and if you could would there still be someting hanging off that you didnt plug in?

On the headset I have a male headset audio/game audio, and also a male chat.

I don't think I understand what my phone would have to do with it?

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #5 of 10
  I'm going to make my best guess, as I never use gaming consoles (I just the one who buys the gaming consoles, for my nephews)

Connect the Xbox One to the E17, using optical cable, connect G4ME Zero's green plug into the E17's headphone jack.
That Y adapter (green/pink female jacks) that came with the G4me, plug the G4me's pink plug into the pink jack on the Y adapter, plug Y adapter into the Xbox One console or the game controller plug (not sure which).
Go into the xBox One's audio setting, set audio controls for stereo audio, do not enable any Dolby or surround sound settings.
This is my best guess on the gaming hardware what you have.

I've tried this setup and still end up with either hearing the game audio but not being able to communicate with others. I can hear them though but for some reason no audio is being picked up by my voice.

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 10
On the headset I have a male headset audio/game audio, and also a male chat.

I don't think I understand what my phone would have to do with it?

Ok so that helps. Im not one hundred percent sure but i have pretty much the same set up with my 360 so here we go.

The easiest thing to do is to get a cheap mix amp for an xbone head set. This will usually conect to your xbone via usb, and will receive game sound via the red and white cords that usually cconnect to your tv. Now what your going to want to do is connect your fiio amp to the part of the y splitter thats ment for the headphones, opposite the mic jack. Then connect yout mic cord from the headseat into the y splitter jack ment for the mic. Then hook the other cord from your headset to your amp. Then take the male end of the y splitter and insert into the jack in the mixamp meant for the headset. Then you will connect the supplied cord from the mic chat whole in your controller to the one in the mix amp. Complicated i know, but it should work
I

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #7 of 10
Ok so that helps. Im not one hundred percent sure but i have pretty much the same set up with my 360 so here we go.

The easiest thing to do is to get a cheap mix amp for an xbone head set. This will usually conect to your xbone via usb, and will receive game sound via the red and white cords that usually cconnect to your tv. Now what your going to want to do is connect your fiio amp to the part of the y splitter thats ment for the headphones, opposite the mic jack. Then connect yout mic cord from the headseat into the y splitter jack ment for the mic. Then hook the other cord from your headset to your amp. Then take the male end of the y splitter and insert into the jack in the mixamp meant for the headset. Then you will connect the supplied cord from the mic chat whole in your controller to the one in the mix amp. Complicated i know, but it should work
I

I personnaly would cut the fio amp out of the equation, as a modern mix amp will do its job and give you more features like controlling the balance between chat and game volume

Jul 2, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #8 of 10
I personnaly would cut the fio amp out of the equation, as a modern mix amp will do its job and give you more features like controlling the balance between chat and game volume

Man...The only reason I bought this amp was to push the appropriate power to the headphones. Essentially I wasted that money which really sucks. I'm guessing the Astro mix amp would be a good choice for gaming? I just can't believe there's no cords or other configuration I can set up to get these to work.

Jul 7, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #9 of 10
umm yah the astro is a pretty popular mix amp and will work for your set up. in terms of quality a fio amp will be better than the astro, but like i said i would take the astro for convenience and features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back