Help with IEM tips staying inside the ear
Dec 8, 2021 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BaTou069

500+ Head-Fier
Hi
I'm using spinfit and westone iem tips.
I'm cleaning my ears with some liquid that cleans the inside of my ear, and have one of those aliexpress ear-wax removal tools with a camera, in short: ears are clean
Sometimes when I remove an IEM from my ear the tip stays inside the ear canal and it's not so easy to take the tip out.
Any hints on how to prevent this? Are my ears too clean or are the tips too old?

Thanks

Dec 8, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 4
Are you using dual flange or single tip?
You’re saying the iem body comes out but the eartip remains inside your ear canal?
When I take them off I always open mouth and pull up from my ear lobe to widen the canal. Never had that happen.
Are you sure you’re not using tips too wide for your iems?

Dec 9, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #3 of 4
Are you using dual flange or single tip?
You’re saying the iem body comes out but the eartip remains inside your ear canal?
When I take them off I always open mouth and pull up from my ear lobe to widen the canal. Never had that happen.
Are you sure you’re not using tips too wide for your iems?
Westone is a regular single silicone tip and spinfit a dual flange.
Tips aren't too wide, they fit the thinner shure style. But I do use L tips since they're the only one that properly seal.
I'll try opening my mouth...
Was thinking that it may be due to washing, how do you wash your tips?

Dec 12, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #4 of 4
I sometimes had that problem with one pair of IEMs (although I forget which ones) where the eartips fit fine but they'd stay stuck in my ears. What helped for me was making sure to lift the top of my ear and pull the earbuds down and out instead of straight out. I never had a problem after that.

In response to washing the tips: unless you have really sticky earwax, I doubt washing would help any. It's good to clean the tips from time to time just so they don't get gross, but I doubt that's your problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back