help with hd-280
Mar 23, 2009 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

abellaw

100+ Head-Fier
I bought my gf a pair of senn hd-280's for xmas. And she loved them to death, but anyways she broke them somehow she says broke a little bit of the tip off in her laptop headphone jack.

Now the sound is only coming out of the right ear is there any cheap way to fix it??

If not i am thinking to get her some ad700's for our 1 year in a couple months would these be more durable??

Thanks for any and all help

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 10
Snip off the plug and reterminate it.

If you have the money, then by all means, buy her the AD700s!

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by abellaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought my gf a pair of senn hd-280's for xmas. And she loved them to death, but anyways she broke them somehow she says broke a little bit of the tip off in her laptop headphone jack.

If the tip of the jack came off in the socket, then it is a fault and should be sorted under guarantee.

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the tip of the jack came off in the socket, then it is a fault and should be sorted under guarantee.

I wasn't sure if it was covered under the warranty and what do you need for the warranty? cos i think she said she threw away the receipt and the box

Mar 23, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 10
Yeah I'd be much more worried about the tip in the computer's socket. the ends have a slight curve to them and I'd imagine it would be very difficult to remove.

And, if I may be so bold, I believe this to be another example that the 280 IS A DEMON HEADPHONE AND MUST NOT BE TRUSTED.

Mar 23, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I'd be much more worried about the tip in the computer's socket. the ends have a slight curve to them and I'd imagine it would be very difficult to remove.

And, if I may be so bold, I believe this to be another example that the 280 IS A DEMON HEADPHONE AND MUST NOT BE TRUSTED.

Indeed.

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #10 of 10
Thanks for the advice guys and i think i will get in contact with sennheiser and see if what i need and if this is covered by the warranty. My gf is pretty upset but from what i understand she didnt do anything...

I dont know if i would call the hd-280's demon headphones though they seem to pretty good from the little experience i have had with them and my gf loved them lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back