Help with earphone recommendations, $100-$150 budget
Dec 12, 2008 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

obazavil

100+ Head-Fier
Hi ppl!

I have been reading earphones reviews for over a week, and really really is a pain hehe, too many options, and too many earphones.

Now the time to decide has come, so I'm considering this options:

WESTONE UM1
.. anything from 100-150

I hear all kind of music (pop, metal, mariachi music :p).

I want them mainly for listening while at computer, and maybe at a gym someday :p

Do you have a recommendation? I'm open to all suggestions oon what to get (or not to get)

Thanks!

Dec 12, 2008 at 11:24 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by obazavil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi ppl!

I have been reading earphones reviews for over a week, and really really is a pain hehe, too many options, and too many earphones.

Now the time to decide has come, so I'm considering this options:

WESTONE UM1
.. anything from 100-150

I hear all kind of music (pop, metal, mariachi music :p).

I want them mainly for listening while at computer, and maybe at a gym someday :p

Do you have a recommendation? I'm open to all suggestions oon what to get (or not to get)

Thanks!

You're probably not getting too much response because there is a bazillion of these threads here. Be more specific and try the search function.

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 5
If you're going to listen to your music via your computer your better off just getting full sized headphones. As far as opinion for IEMs within the $100-$150 price range, the UE3 is really the only pair of earphones that I can comment on. Their really good considering the price (You can get them for around $70 at earphonesolutions.com). Definitely better than the stock earphones I recieved. I will also be getting the UM1s sometime next week.

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the advise!

I read some of the trillion threads, and finally choose a Head-Direct RE2 for $80.00. They have nice reviews here, and almost everybody said they beat the UM1s.

Thanks!

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 5
Yay, enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back