Help with burn in
Aug 8, 2013 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MisterMoJo

500+ Head-Fier
So I have this new rig- I got a set of HE-500's and a Schiit Lyr and a new cable from Cablepro.  I want to burn this stuff in, but am afraid of wasting the tubes on my amp leaving it running all the time.  Also I am worried about bad stuff happening to the amp when I am not around (ie asleep), like the cat deciding to sleep on it, etc.  Will it matter if I burn in the headphones and the cable on my receiver?  It doesn't have nearly the power of the Lyr, and I was wondering if that made a difference in burn in.  Thanks,
Jason

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
So I have this new rig- I got a set of HE-500's and a Schiit Lyr and a new cable from Cablepro.  I want to burn this stuff in, but am afraid of wasting the tubes on my amp leaving it running all the time.  Also I am worried about bad stuff happening to the amp when I am not around (ie asleep), like the cat deciding to sleep on it, etc.  Will it matter if I burn in the headphones and the cable on my receiver?  It doesn't have nearly the power of the Lyr, and I was wondering if that made a difference in burn in.  Thanks,
Jason

I prefer to use my receiver for burn in.
So I say use your receiver.

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #3 of 6
Use something else to burn them in and you can burn in your Lyr while using them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back