help with amp choice with Xonar STX
Sep 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gabsonuro

New Head-Fier
I need help with an amp. I have the opportunity of getting a Little Dot MKV for 160$ used. the only problem i have, is that im not sure if ill be able to use it with my Xonar STX. (using the stx as a DAC, and the little dot as the amp.) I am not sure if it is possible, maybe go RCA to RCA into the amp? or go to 3.5mm to rca from the line out? would this have any affect on the sound quality? thanks.

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 3
I used to use STX as a DAC and Bravo Ocean as my amp. Worked fine :) Currently doing the same with Project Ember as the amp, instead of Bravo.

Sep 26, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #3 of 3
  I need help with an amp. I have the opportunity of getting a Little Dot MKV for 160$ used. the only problem i have, is that I'm not sure if ill be able to use it with my Xonar STX. (using the stx as a DAC, and the little dot as the amp.) I am not sure if it is possible, maybe go RCA to RCA into the amp? or go to 3.5mm to rca from the line out? would this have any affect on the sound quality? thanks.

All you need to do is run an RCA cable from the STX's RCA output jacks to the RCA input jacks on the LD MKV.
Set the the STX's analog out to "Speaker".

The STX can not send headphone surround sound thru it's line-out (RCA) output.
But music only needs stereo 2-channel, you can still play games and watch movies, but only in stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back