HELP WHICH IEM'S...JH16 or UM Miracle????
Jul 31, 2011 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

maguire

1000+ Head-Fier
As the title says....Anyone out there can give some advise please.
I like to have some deep bass where appropriate, but not over the top ....if you know what i mean.
Also like my high end........ok  not veiled. I Listen to all kinds of Genres.
Any advise would be well appreciated guys.

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 16

Quote:
I like to have some deep bass where appropriate, but not over the top ....if you know what i mean.

... Your comments don't help very much. You're being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too vague

"I like to have some deep bass where appropriate, but not over the top...If you know what I mean"

"Also like my high end... Not veiled"

"I listen to all kinds of genres"

Maybe you could try being more specific. At the top tier level of custom IEMS - all products more or less achieve everything you want (hence the price tag)

Jul 31, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #3 of 16
Hey there!

Could you give us a little more insight into what form of tonality you may like?

If you're bass heavy. Then JH16 will definitely be better for you when compared to the Miracle.

The Miracle is a 6 Driver balanced IEM, Similar to the JH13. They are both neutral in tone and you should find them to be quite enjoyable.
The JH16 is a 8 driver iem. Bass heavy.

In reality you can't really say the JH16 is the Flagship product of JH Audio.
Its really Jh13 and 16. 16 Being the bass heavy version of 13 haha.

You could look into Westone and Ultimate ears. Though I personally wouldn't recommend the UE 18 pros.

Cheers~

Quote:

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #4 of 16
Thanks for your reply.
Sorry for being a little vague, i think i would like the deeper bass of 16. Guess im too used to listenig to Subs in my home system. also have IE8.
But have they got the sparkle and mid to go with the miracle?
I also like the fact the Miracles are ordered from here in Oz rather than the long wait from US.
But sound is more important.

Jul 31, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #6 of 16

Quote:
If you like the IE8, then it sounds like the Merlin is what you are after over the Miracle...cheaper than the Miracle too.

very smart... : )

No but really, I recommend that you purchase from UM.
You said that sound was more important than a delivery delay.

You might want to consider the fact that good SQ comes from good impressions, good moulds and a good final product. If by chance (human error) your impressions/moulds/product come out sub part, that is, your product reaches you with an odd fit, then SQ is sacrificed.

To fix this problem, you will have to ship the customs back - along with a new set of impressions. This will take precious time (as we all know how long custom IEM's take to make) - as well as shipping finances.

I'm not trying to scare you, but you should consider multiple avenues.

Jul 31, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #7 of 16
LegendaryLv1 Thanks for the advise, yes i have thought about this also.
I have been thinking about this for along time.
Anyway i will try to listen to the UM's as soon as i can.
Then i will be able to at least have a better idea. I have heard that UM's Build quality and impressions agents are top notch also.

Jul 31, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #8 of 16
The Miracle will be better balance than bass heavy IEMs like IE8 but JH16Pro offers more deeper and heavier bass than most highend custom IEMs. UE11Pro are also very bass heavy IEMs even more than JH16Pro with amazing clarity and without sacrificing any frequency details. BTW JH16Pro+JH-3a willbe very highend setup for portable/ home use and it's bass variable.

Aug 1, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #11 of 16
No I didnt say i love the IE8 , i just own it and am kinda used to their bass along with the fact that i listen to my main system with subs.
Guess i like Bass in quality and Quantity but i dont want it to have an ill effect on other parts of the sound.
average joe i welcome your input and yes i will check out your reviews.

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #13 of 16
Jh16 if you're used to ie8 bass. You might be surprised the IE8 has more midbass than the JH16, the JH16 has all its bass in the subbass region. It has a lot of quantity but it doesn't interfere with the other frequencies. The treble is great and has good air and extension. The mids are very neutral. Instrument seperate on is amazing. It definately had that wow factor, but can be fatiguing if you're not in the mood.

I have owned the miracle also it has a lot less bass quantity, but I really liked the mids on it. Treble is there but not as prominent IMHO. I like a bright, airy treble. Miracle is all around balanced, and very nice to listen to for extended listening. It really comes to personal preference.

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #14 of 16
Thanks for those suggestion guys .....but I posted that around 14 months ago.......I ended up going the way of the Miracle and the Merlin and smilling ever since.......But JH16 ? Why not One day......:)

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #15 of 16
I have the JH3A w moon audio iem cable. Incredible sound. I ordered a UM miracle to use for commuting but can't make comparison because the ears are 'somewhere in transit.'

Dealing w JHA is a pleasure. UM experience has been brutal and I would not make another purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back