HELP! Where to go from the RE-0?
Apr 9, 2011 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ace1262

New Head-Fier
Hey all! I'm a long time lurker, but its my 1st time posting...so please be gentle with me! :)

Been meaning to ask you for opinions for an upgrade, or a switch in sounds...preferably a lateral upgrade rather than vertical. It can be amps or a new pair of IEMs altogether...i've even thought about getting Altoid cMoys lately...

Just to give you a rough idea of what i like:

I listen to plenty of movie ost + anime OST + game OST music. Most of my tracks are composed by Kajiura Yuki, Yoko Kanno, Yasunori Mitsuda, Nobuo Uematsu, Yoko Shimamura, Joe Hisaishi, Hans Zimmer etc.

I also listen to these:

JRock bands: FLiP, SCANDAL;
Folk/Celtic: Akiko Shikata, Enya, KOKIA;
Instrumentals: Yoshida Brothers, Yann Tiersen;
Epic/Movie Trailer music: E.S. Posthumus, Immediate Music
Nu Metal: Linkin Park
Electronica: Daft Punk/TRON OST

Here's my gear so far:
iPhone4 16GB >  Livecable's 22AWG Silver Plated Copper LOD > Fiio E5 > RE-0

I currently like the extreme detailing of the RE-0 but would like to add to it a bit more impact on the bass. That being said, I'm no basshead and would not be attracted to stuff like MONSTER...I like something to be able to play a good repertoire of my music with good details, soundstage and clarity with just enough bass as the cherry on top.

Granted, the RE-0 is awesome so far since much of my music is criss-crossing the genre lines; the composers i listen to just LOVE to blend genres like there's no tomorrow. I need equipment that is like a good knife cutting through a multi-layered cake. I want to see all the layers without deforming them while slicing through.

So...Ladies n Gents. Any ideas?

Apr 9, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 7
Hey all! I'm a long time lurker, but its my 1st time posting...so please be gentle with me! :)

Been meaning to ask you for opinions for an upgrade, or a switch in sounds...preferably a lateral upgrade rather than vertical. It can be amps or a new pair of IEMs altogether...i've even thought about getting Altoid cMoys lately...

Just to give you a rough idea of what i like:

I listen to plenty of movie ost + anime OST + game OST music. Most of my tracks are composed by Kajiura Yuki, Yoko Kanno, Yasunori Mitsuda, Nobuo Uematsu, Yoko Shimamura, Joe Hisaishi, Hans Zimmer etc.

I also listen to these:

JRock bands: FLiP, SCANDAL;
Folk/Celtic: Akiko Shikata, Enya, KOKIA;
Instrumentals: Yoshida Brothers, Yann Tiersen;
Epic/Movie Trailer music: E.S. Posthumus, Immediate Music
Nu Metal: Linkin Park
Electronica: Daft Punk/TRON OST

Here's my gear so far:
iPhone4 16GB >  Livecable's 22AWG Silver Plated Copper LOD > Fiio E5 > RE-0

I currently like the extreme detailing of the RE-0 but would like to add to it a bit more impact on the bass. That being said, I'm no basshead and would not be attracted to stuff like MONSTER...I like something to be able to play a good repertoire of my music with good details, soundstage and clarity with just enough bass as the cherry on top.

Granted, the RE-0 is awesome so far since much of my music is criss-crossing the genre lines; the composers i listen to just LOVE to blend genres like there's no tomorrow. I need equipment that is like a good knife cutting through a multi-layered cake. I want to see all the layers without deforming them while slicing through.

So...Ladies n Gents. Any ideas?

Apr 9, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #4 of 7
I went from the re0 to the ck10, i have the same music tastes as you do. Listening to sota fujimori now :pc>optical>HA25D>ck10.

Apr 9, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #5 of 7
Are you looking for an amp or other IEM's?
You can try RE-ZERO's or Sunrise SW XCapes v1. They share a similar sound signature and don't require an amp the way RE0 does.
A warm amp is a good combination for the RE0.
It's always good to invest in an amp or amp/dac.

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #6 of 7
If you are looking for a better amp... perhaps the Soundmagic A10.  A warm amp will pair well with RE0 in general.
If you are looking for IEMs, I recommend Monster Turbine Pro Copper or UE Triple.Fi 10.
(You're thinking, "Monsters, oh boy"; they are pretty darned awesome and well worth your time to at least try.)

Apr 9, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #7 of 7
Right now, its basically anything and everything...i'm just looking for an upgrade and considering all my options...

As for Monster,  I'll take your word for it haha...I'll go down to the local dealership to audition. Maybe I'll find something new? Who knows. But Thanks for all your input so far guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back