"HELP!!!~" Reducing the sharp treble on HE-400
Nov 15, 2014 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mahelun

Head-Fier
So i m using my desktop with an external usb sound card.

HE-400 gives me a very annoying "sss" and the end of vocals (especially female) or some high frequency area. It is so sharp and harsh that I dont think I can even listen to female vocals anymore.

Is there a way to reduce this kinda "sss" sound? Maybe tube AMP would help? I heard tube amp will help to smooth out the sharp harsh highs.

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #5 of 9
The treble on this can is a bit forward, but most don't hear it as harsh or worse.  However,  there are some people who are particularly sensitive to treble.  See:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13#user_HE400

Have someone else listen and determine if they are perceiving the treble the same way that you do.  It could be a defective can or it could be your personal sensitivity.

If you are able also find a friend with CD deck or quality turntable setup who also has a good quality headphone amp--and try it on that system.

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #7 of 9
  The treble on this can is a bit forward, but most don't hear it as harsh or worse.  However,  there are some people who are particularly sensitive to treble.  See:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13#user_HE400

Have someone else listen and determine if they are perceiving the treble the same way that you do.  It could be a defective can or it could be your personal sensitivity.

If you are able also find a friend with CD deck or quality turntable setup who also has a good quality headphone amp--and try it on that system.

thank you for suggestion. I may tried ask someone else, hard thing is no one around like me loving music. They all think im crazy buy 300+ headphones and 100+ keyboard and stuff. GEEEZZZZ. lol

treble rolloff via eq.

I ll try out foobar

Nov 16, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #8 of 9
There also is a great modification to the HE-400 known as the Fuzzor mod. It is reputed to reduce the amount of trouble which to some peoples very great thing.

Couple that with the open grill mod and makes the headphone very very good. Do a search for HiFiMan open grill mod and you'll find it

Nov 16, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #9 of 9
There also is a great modification to the HE-400 known as the Fuzzor mod. It is reputed to reduce the amount of trouble which to some peoples very great thing.

Couple that with the open grill mod and makes the headphone very very good. Do a search for HiFiMan open grill mod and you'll find it

i think the grill mod would increase the treble according to the threads there. Wouldn't that worsen the treble sparkle? fuzzor mod is so complicated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back