Help/Recommendation? - V-Moda XS vs Sennheiser HD25 vs Aiaiai TMA 2 vs Pioneer HDJ C70 vs Beats Solo 2
Sep 15, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #16 of 16
after a longer period I will just share a short summary of all those headphones.
Maybe I will post a full review of each and in full comparison, but I just started going to university and I dont have that much time atm.

so:

lets begin from the worst to the best:

AIAIAI TMA 2 Dj Preset - Modular functionality is impressive, build quality the same, soundwise. meh... Bass production is one of the best of all, but the rest sounds sooo muddy.. sadly. fix that and you have a wonderful headphone!

Pioneer HDJ C70 - Great sound, but still somewhat muddy and not that great of bass reproduction. It lacks the great bassfeel and the clarity. rather get the Sennheiser HD 25, not this clone

Beats Solo 2 - Great bass (as expected from beats), most likely the most comfortable, but the strongest clamping also. Lacks clarity and basskick.

Sennheiser HD 25 - Im impressed by the clarity they give and how well the basskick sound! They certainly dont have that basskick power as beats or the v-modas, but if you are opting for Clarity, highs and mids, go for these. They are pretty comfortable, but since I am allergic to that aggressive highs, these arent for me.

V-Moda XS - I M P R E S S I V E! ! Soudnstage is a little bit more narrow than the m100, but those are over ear. Basskick wise, the XS feel like they are kicking more/you can feel it better, but this is most likely due to directly laying onto your ears.

So. Why didnt I take the XS? I have nothing to complain about those.
But: With all these wonderful OnEar Headphones, I sadly cant wear them for more than 30-60mins. I am one of those sad people who have to wear glasses, and the clamping force (even on those V-Moda XS, which have substantial less clamping force) just put too much pressure towards my head on my glasses.

So I took the V-Moda M100, which are a good improvement with their mids and highs in comparison to the LP2 and I am more or less happy.
I wish I didnt have to wear glasses..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back