Help Please!: Less treble emphasis than SE530's, but same (or slightly more) bass?
Dec 30, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by djayjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aren't the TF10's supposed to be brighter than the SE530's?

Seriously, the brightness you experienced with SE530 is most probably the upper mids/lower treble. SE530 has the largest volume gain among all IEMs i've tried, you probably cranked up the volume a little too much. Trying to hear the background music at same volume as the vocalist? SE530 isn't made for that.

EDIT: or, it could be you listening to lower bitrate songs. In my experience SE530 isn't very friendly with mp3 listeners.

TF10pro has an extended, yet smooth treble, i don't find it harsh at all. Then again everyone hears differently. In that case, e-Q7 might be a safer bet, but like i said, depending on your needs, you might be disappointed with the bass.

Dec 30, 2009 at 10:39 AM Post #18 of 24
found the 530's to have a lot of upper mid energy that caused vocals especially female to be sibilant. getting custom tips did help, I think this is probably because I got a much better seal thus much better isolation thus listened at much lower volumes. But cranking the volume up anything above 3/4 and yes the 530's are harsh as hell in the upper mid region.
Anyway how about UM3x? smoother in this region IIRC

Dec 30, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you be interested in participating in the "Shure SE530s harsh" thread timmyGCSE?

yea I almost replied in it a couple of days ago but my gf woke up and I got distracted. I will take a updated looksie now

Dec 30, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by djayjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aren't the TF10's supposed to be brighter than the SE530's?

Yups, the TF10s are much brighter than the SE530s.
smily_headphones1.gif
Brighter in the sense that it's not fatiguing or creating that "harsh" feeling when listening to them (at least for me).

That's why I also find it weird that you said that the Shure's are brighter than the TF10s...

Dec 30, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyle_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, the brightness you experienced with SE530 is most probably the upper mids/lower treble. SE530 has the largest volume gain among all IEMs i've tried, you probably cranked up the volume a little too much. Trying to hear the background music at same volume as the vocalist? SE530 isn't made for that.

EDIT: or, it could be you listening to lower bitrate songs. In my experience SE530 isn't very friendly with mp3 listeners.

As far as your first point goes, I'm definitely starting to feel that this is the case.

No, my songs are all 256kb vbr aac-- which, according to the soundexpert blinded 'census', should be totally transparent: Audio quality of encoders at 256 kbit/s - SoundExpert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back