[HELP!!!] Orpheus, Ebay and a man's foolishness
Apr 27, 2013 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

mrAdrian

Headphoneus Supremus
One man's foolishness has no bottom limit... I saw a pair of Orpheus on Ebay and immediately bid on that for the sake of 'participating'... Turns out I am the highest bidder and I have two days left...

$5100 is a bargain for a pair of HE90 for those who can afford, however... So please feel free to bid!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251266510576?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 62
Zero feedback seller, item located in US and yet seller supposes to use AusPost for delivery. Looks fishyyy 
size]

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #4 of 62
The seller's probably selling them at that price, because it's rumoured Sennheiser are coming out with new Electrostatic headphones, to which one is supposed to be even better than the HE-90.

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #9 of 62
Most likely a scam.

1. Seller has no history

2. Price is unrealistically low. Plus first bid was like $120 and then jumped to several thousand?

3. Item is listed as being in Australia, ships from Australia, payment in AUD, but the seller is listed as being in the US.

4. Those pictures look awfully familiar. I think they've been posted elsewhere in public before. Most likely the seller is using them without consent.

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #10 of 62
LOL I bidded on these earlier today but once I saw the trade rating I took my bid off. There also seems to be no photo of the serial. But yeah. Pictures could be from the internet somewhere else. I posted it in the Stax thread.

You can retract ebay bids as long as you do it before it hits the 12 hour remaining mark. Just a tip, don't bid on things unless you're serious about buying it because a bid means you're agreeing to a contract agreement of the intention of buying the item.

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #14 of 62
Quote:kookoo
No MrAdrian should buy the headphones, then I can try them on

I'll also help in listening to them........

Feel free to loan them to me...   That's what friends are for...!!

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #15 of 62
I didnt know. How do you do that?
Google eBay retract bid. You fill out a form and choose the provided reason then your bids removed. But if you constantly abuse the system eBay can suspend your account. Alternatively if you are well into an auction with less than 12 hours remaining and want your bids removed you can either come up with a good reason for the seller to cancel your bids or,be apologetic.

That said Adrian if you win these at 5.1k and the seller sends it to you I'd like to buy it off you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back