Help on moving up to the high end, from HE400, HD598, K702, MA900, HP50 etc...
Nov 20, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #31 of 43
Oooh, I've just impulse bought a month old pair of HE560 in the sale forums here!  They are arriving on Saturday morning!!!!!  Can't wait!  Might have to sell a few things off to rekindle some funds but I just couldn't pass up on the price (£495)!

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #32 of 43
Exciting, I'm looking forward to impressions :)
What was the amp again?

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #33 of 43
Exciting, I'm looking forward to impressions
smily_headphones1.gif

What was the amp again?

I think my best bet is my Arcam Alpha 8 integrated amp.  I also have the Bravo Audio Ocean tube amp and a Fiio E11.  My HRT Microstreamer has a pretty decent amp out as well, but sounds appreciably better from the direct line out.

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #34 of 43
Oooh, I've just impulse bought a month old pair of HE560 in the sale forums here!  They are arriving on Saturday morning!!!!!  Can't wait!  Might have to sell a few things off to rekindle some funds but I just couldn't pass up on the price (£495)!

One of my favorites. Congrats and enjoy!

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #35 of 43

One of my favorites. Congrats and enjoy!

Thanks, Claritas!  Will it render all my other cans redundant?!

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #36 of 43

I think so, though you might find the Sony complementary. I have only one misgiving about it: one of its greatest strengths--its drive--is something you need to be able to live with. I find it very exciting but also a little agitating. But I could live with it paired with something mellower such as HD600.

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #37 of 43

I think so, though you might find the Sony complementary. I have only one misgiving about it: one of its greatest strengths--its drive--is something you need to be able to live with. I find it very exciting but also a little agitating. But I could live with it paired with something mellower such as HD600.

No, that's great!  I want speed, aggression and impact!  I crave it for certain things and am not fully satisfied with anything I own yet!

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #39 of 43
Nov 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #42 of 43

Users who are viewing this thread

Back