Help: older DDC not working
Apr 9, 2024 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

auvgeek

100+ Head-Fier
I have an older USB DDC from Breeze Audio that used to work well. Pretty sure it's XMOS. I'm using it to feed an older Theta DAC that doesn't have USB.

I haven't used it for a while and now I can't seem to get any playback device to recognize the DDC for audio out.

I have tried two windows laptops, a linux laptop (ubuntu), and an iPhone via a lightning to USB adapter. I'm pretty sure the DDC used to work with one of the windows laptops and the ubuntu laptop. I have tried multiple USB cables. None of the devices recognize the DDC as an audio output option, and linux does not recognize a USB connection when when I run "lsusb" on the command line.

On the DDC side, the red power light comes on and the green USB light comes on when the USB cable is plugged into an external playback device (laptop, phone) ... so the DDC can definitely recognize when it's connected to a playback device.

I'm not sure what to try next in terms of driver downloads or what. It seems like a software issue because the green USB light on the DDC comes on when a USB cable is connected, but I'm not 100% sure how to rule out a hardware issue.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #2 of 4
I think the problem is related to the drivers or device configuration. Try this: First, update the drivers for your DDC on all devices you are trying to use it with. Next, check the audio settings on each device to ensure that DDC is recognized as an audio output option. If this doesn't help, you might want to try different USB ports or even a different cable.

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #4 of 4
I think the problem is related to the drivers or device configuration. Try this: First, update the drivers for your DDC on all devices you are trying to use it with. Next, check the audio settings on each device to ensure that DDC is recognized as an audio output option. If this doesn't help, you might want to try different USB ports or even a different cable.
Yeah, I generally agree but I think I've tried all that. I have tried all USB ports and a different cable. I also upgraded the software drivers to the latest XMOS ones, and the DDC does not show up in the XMOS-specific device manager associated with the latest driver in windows.

Does it show up in windows device manager?
No. Nor is it recognized as a USB conection with the command `lsusb` in linux (tried multiple USB cables and multiple USB ports).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back