Help me replace my Tera Player
Feb 8, 2020 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

scottcw

100+ Head-Fier
TL; DR: For those who have owned/heard the Tera, please recommend a similar sounding DAP under $1000.

My Tera Player and Future Sonics MG5 Pros were stolen from a rental car earlier last year. I just got around to replacing the FS CIEMs. I need a new DAP while I wait for a Tera to show up at a reasonable price.

I am currently listening to my stock iPod 5.5 (Wolfson). It's convenient and all my music is loaded, but the sound leaves something to be desired.

I bought the Tera a few years ago thinking I would laugh at the hype and flip it. Instead, it was a perfect match with the FS CIEMs. I think this is because of the impedance of both. The TP has an 10-11 ohm output, the FS are 32 ohm. Together, they balance out the scooped mids of the FS.

Please no comments from those to have not heard the Tera. Also, please refrain from the Tera slagging that so often comes up. I've heard it with my own ears and it is amazing with my CIEMs.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 9, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 2
I have a tera player and love it. I'm not sure what would sound like one though. They come up for sale on head fi occasionally

Users who are viewing this thread

Back