Help Me Re-Cable My Denon AH-D2000's
Nov 28, 2014 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Greyson

100+ Head-Fier
The title is largely the subject of my post. Full disclosure, I love these headphones but have always hated the cable which is so thick and stiff I could hang myself with it. Given the prices these are fetching I have contemplated selling them and buying another pair of headphones, but the truth is that I cannot find anything that sounds as good as these and dosen't cost twice as much. The cable is so bad though that it's actually hurting my ability to enjoy them, since it's always getting knotted and twisted and caught on something. Which is what I mean by full disclosure, I think they already sound great, my problems are more of a practical sort and i've been putting up with it for years. I'm sick of it.

So I know there are guides on how to take these apart and it seems pretty straight forward, but I have some basic questions about materials. Namely what type of cable I should use that would pair well with these headphones (but not something made of unobtanium that was blessed by christ) and also what type of sleeving I can use. Is there someone out there who sells cloth cording that is as soft and flexible as a rubber cable? I don't want a repeat of history.

Finally, i'd like to know the risk. I have soldering experience but i've never worked on anything like this, is it possible that I could ruin these? Rather, is it easy to ruin these with one slip?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back