Help me pick out a good watch
Apr 20, 2003 at 1:58 AM Post #2 of 25
Budget ?
biggrin.gif
(a constant on headfi
wink.gif
)

Apr 20, 2003 at 2:54 AM Post #5 of 25
Buy a quartz watch. Yes, machanical watches have more bragging value but unless you're seriously rich and can afford to replace them when they get scratched or when you forget to take them off before swimming - or you can afford a bulletproof one right away - you'll enjoy a quartz for longer and it will probably be more accurate too. I'm still wearing a Tag Heuer 2000 that I have had for more than 15 years with zero problems save battery replacement, but my Omega Speedmaster Automatic only lasted a couple before the crown fell off.

(look at Seiko. They have some nice ones these days)

Happy birthday Jon!

Apr 20, 2003 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Beilin
I need a watch. My aesthetic tastes generally lean towards an analog watch, but I have no idea what to get.

Here's one watch I like:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/watches/57e7/

but I'd also consider more elegant ones. My dress style tends to be fairly preppy (abercrombie and nordstroms- thank goodness for sales!).

Any recommendations?

The one you linked is a beauty, i say go for that.

biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2003 at 3:15 AM Post #8 of 25
This Skagen watch was already recommended by Vwap to two Head-Fi'ers (including myself), who picked them up immediately. Shall we try for a third?

usawatchco_1725_899517

Ultra-slim. Casing is titanium. Band is a stainless steel mesh, titanium plated. Danish design, Japanese movement.

edit: You can find it online for $70, or if you want it locally, you can try your hand at price matching at your nearest Nordstroms.

Apr 20, 2003 at 5:32 AM Post #10 of 25
Apr 20, 2003 at 6:05 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by hawkman
This Skagen watch was already recommended by Vwap to two Head-Fi'ers (including myself), who picked them up immediately. Shall we try for a third?

The Skagen is a great watch. Elegant, thin, light and inobtrusive, and keeps time well... Not only that, but it's relatively cheap.
biggrin.gif

Great watch.. I'm happy to have bought it.
smily_headphones1.gif

The model number of the one in the picture is the Skagen 170LTTM.

Apr 20, 2003 at 8:18 AM Post #14 of 25
It's not analog, but I really love my Timex Datalink watch. It has 32kb of memory and can hold appointments, anniversaries, lists, five alarms (each can individually be turned on or off), phone numbers. In addition, one application can be downloaded to it at a time (one example is Note). It's also water resistant to 30 meters. I take it with me swimming, in the hot tub, EVERYWHERE!

I've had it for six years and it's still on the original battery! I have the model 150 with the metal band (I can't stand anything but metal).

Apr 20, 2003 at 9:07 AM Post #15 of 25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back