Help me identify a song n mebbe recommend some similar ones.
Nov 27, 2006 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

mADmAN

500+ Head-Fier
hey guys...im hoping someone out there can help me identify a song. the file name in my PC states it as "LOTR- Requim For A Dream.mp3" which i kinda doubt is true. i cant even remember how this song managed to get into my mp3 collection
wink.gif

the file ive uploaded is NOT the full song. its just the first half (which stops right smack in the midle of a very nice section) to avoid any illegal distribution/ copyright issues. but if the mods see fit to close this thread or edit out the link due to copyright issues than pls do.

link: http://rapidshare.com/files/4985091/identify.zip.html

also, if anyone can recommend me any songs similar to this kinda song id be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

Nov 27, 2006 at 6:19 AM Post #2 of 14
Nov 27, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #3 of 14
Thanks alot Vito...

i checked out the CD tracks and there seems to be a Requim For A Dream in the list...so i guess the title is correct... just thats the remix version...

anyone has any idea who did the song? and what kinda song is it? i dont even know the genre :p

also would like some recommendations on similar types of songs

thanks

Nov 27, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mADmAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks alot Vito...

anyone has any idea who did the song? and what kinda song is it? i dont even know the genre :p

also would like some recommendations on similar types of songs

thanks

It was "performed" by this guy:http://www.discogs.com/artist/DJ+Kristof

It is considered Electronica. That whole album is similar.

Nov 27, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #5 of 14
huh??? electronica?? damn....and here i was thinking its some form of classical... coz it sure as hell sounds like it... *n00b*

and i dunno where to source for the godfather vol4 cd... buying online aint even an option for me.

thanks for the info Vito... will keep my eyes open

Nov 27, 2006 at 7:54 AM Post #6 of 14
I can't listen to the file until I get home, but if you want electronica that uses classical samples (which I'm inferring is what the file sounds like) then I would like to recommend the following albums:

Venetian Snares - "Rossz Csillag Allat Szuletett"
Amen Orchestra - "17 Waves"

Nov 27, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Debaser86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't listen to the file until I get home, but if you want electronica that uses classical samples (which I'm inferring is what the file sounds like) then I would like to recommend the following albums:

Venetian Snares - "Rossz Csillag Allat Szuletett"
Amen Orchestra - "17 Waves"

thanks for the recommendations.... do have a listen to the file and give ur thoughts if you know...

coz honestly after lots and lots of thinking, and i mean no offence to Vito, im having kind of a hard time believing that the song is made by some "DJ" and that its cosidered "Electronica" (although ive never heard electronica before).

they dont have the 'dmst dmst' sound that them typical DJs like to use... and they REALLY REALLY pass off as pure classical to me with the violin sounds etc.. plus the album Vito mentioned listed the songs as a remix which is also one of the cause of my doubts as i cant seem to find the album/song anywhere to confirm it.

OR....it could just be that im ignorant... which is why i would like some 2nd or 3rd or 4th or 99th opinion
biggrin.gif

but if its just me being ignorant than forgive me
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #8 of 14
I believe the original song was performed by Kronos Quartet, composed by Clint Mansell for the Requiem for a Dream score.

Nov 27, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #9 of 14
Sounds like creepy electronic classical to me.
tongue.gif

I'm not sure where'd you find similar music honestly, apart from other film soundtracks. I don't know of any artists that put out similar music. The Batman Begins film soundtrack is pretty similar in style & execution. Dark and creepy with lots of strings.

Nov 28, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mADmAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and i mean no offence to Vito,
biggrin.gif

Madman,
None taken of course. I was intially unable to get your download to complete, therefore I went just by the name that you provided.

I just got it to download and after listening to it, I see your point. It is completely two different songs.

floydenheimer might be correct as the quartet did do music of that ilk, however, I can not locate any supporting information myself. This is a tough one. I will keep looking into it, I am now curious as well.
Vito

Nov 28, 2006 at 8:08 AM Post #12 of 14
having trouble listening to the previews....

anyway...i found a source so ill just have to wait and have a listen to those first and hopefully its the right one... thanks for the link though

Nov 28, 2006 at 8:13 AM Post #13 of 14
Nice going floydenheimer.
Vito

Dec 1, 2006 at 10:10 AM Post #14 of 14
well...i managed to get muh hands on the Clint Mansell and Kronos Quartet Requiem for a dream score... and although the songs was used in multiple tracks... and 1 or 2 of them may sound very much alike but none of them are the exact one of what i put up here.... (the ones that do are around 2 mins long whereas the full one i uploaded would be around 6:36)

attached are the songs that i have and the ones highlighted are the ones that sound similar to the one i uploaded.

requiemlistsg6.jpg

mebbe i should just upload the entire song (but in F-ed up encoding...96k mebbe?) just to see if anyone knows it. but i am worried about copyright issues.

and thanks Asr for the Batman Begins soundtrack recommendation... checking it out now.. so far its alright.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back