help me choose an IEM/cable for hiby r3 pro saber
Mar 9, 2022 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gazpl

New Head-Fier
ordered one here https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-r3-pro-saber , it comes with their bullet-style "thor" iems but i'd like to use the balanced 2.5mm out and i'm afraid they'll send the thor with a 3.5mm plug and not sure bullet style is for me. previously i used shure se215 and nicehck n3 on a sansa clip v2, but both sets of iems broke and the sansas display is dying of old age, it's time for replacements.

looking for a good fit/isolation and all-rounder. Used for music (anything with electric guitars from classic 80s metal to hardcore punk, ska, post-rock) and movies/podcasts etc.

budget for iem+cable is $100-$200.

I've narrowed it down to the olina and the s12 based on lurking some threads here. Are there others to consider and what kind of 2.5mm cable would you recommend. are the cheap modular ones worth it (some other gear i have only has 3.5mm ports so being able to switch from 3.5mm to 2.5mm would be cool, but i could also use the 3.5mm cable that comes with the iem instead)

TL,DR;
what would you get for an hiby r3 pro saber
a) IEM: 1. shuoer12 or 2. olina 3. another one
b) CABLE TYPE: 1. modular cable or 2. fixed 2.5mm cable
c) CABLE MATERIAL: 1. copper, 2. silver coated/plated copper or 3. pure silver

Apr 23, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #4 of 5
received them and just in case anyone stumbles on this thread later, 10/10 would buy again. Lovely combo. Can be a bit bright if you are sensitive but the good news is they do respond very well to EQ (can turn them into absolute bass monsters if you like that)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back