Help me choose an amp to piggyback my Hifiman 901
Nov 29, 2015 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ken6217

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a Hifiman 901S that I use with Sennheiser IE800's.

I am looking at Audeyze and Hifiman headphones and would like an external amp to drive them. 

Can anyone recommend a good headphone amp. I am not looking for a portable amp. I am looking for an amp with good slam, good tight bass, and huge soundstage. I want to stay under $3K.

Thanks, 
Ken

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 2
  I have a Hifiman 901S that I use with Sennheiser IE800's.

I am looking at Audeyze and Hifiman headphones and would like an external amp to drive them. 

Can anyone recommend a good headphone amp. I am not looking for a portable amp. I am looking for an amp with good slam, good tight bass, and huge soundstage. I want to stay under $3K.

Thanks, 
Ken

Honestly... I use a iBasso PB2 with LME 49990 OPamps an Dummy Buffers to drive my Hifiman HE 4 [a rather difficult headphone to drive] an I love the sound! I'd recommend getting the Pb2 from iBasso then looking at the iBasso PB2 thread for information on getting the after market opAmps, all in all you might spend around $450 

Though you will need a HiRose 6pin to 4pin XLR cable to benefit from the balanced output of the amp

but in all honesty the two, my hm901 an pb2 sound on par with my Audio GD NFB10Es2, the ONLY thing the NFB10ES2 has on the hm901/pb2 combo is price [cost half as much] an power/headroom aside form that the PB2 gives you an excellent amp that is also portable! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back