Help! ... Logitech UE9000, Sennheiser 550x or Parrot Zik???
Jan 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

caspe01

New Head-Fier
I need a awesome set of cans that are wireless, noise canceling, preferably with no leakage.  I also prefer a closed set...

I intend to use them often with my iPhone, Macbook Air & iPod Touch mostly.  

If anyone has knowledge of these headphones (Logitech UE9000, Sennheiser 550x, Parrot Zik),  if you've done a comparison..or if you'd like to suggests something other than what's listed... I would truly appreciate your opinion.  Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 9
The Parrot Zik only support SBC for Bluetooth audio, that's the mandatory (and worst) codec.
The Sennheiser MM 500-X supports SBC as well as apt-X, which is a much better codec, but probably not supported by your gear.

The Logitech UE 9000's product page doesn't say what codecs it supports, only that they're "made for iPod/iPhone/iPad", and this:

We’ve optimized the wireless signal using the highest quality codecs, advanced digital signal processing and our robust Bluetooth® implementation for reliable connectivity, enhanced range and longer battery life.

However, a quick Google search turned up the following:

Audio codecs: SBC, AAC, aptX®

iOS devices support AAC over Bluetooth and that's what Apple recommends that accessory makers use, so that's definitely the best choice, from a sound quality (and perhaps usability as well) point of view.

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #5 of 9
Sorry, but i'm in complete contrast to skamp and would say go for the Parott Zik. After prolonged listening I found them to be the most musical, offered the most comfort and although they only use SBC the MM550-x was too quiet and the UE was too uncomfortable after a while.

Regards

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #6 of 9
I continued doing research last evening as well as this morning pondering between the UE & the P. Z's & came to the conclusion that the Parrot Zik's were actually the way to go!  Thank you very much for replying to my post & enjoy the remainder of your day!

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #7 of 9
So I'd like to bump this topic..  I feel like alot of people are looking at these headphones now, as I am.  What is your experience.

I am a big Senn fan, but after reading reviews on the 550x, I decided they were not worth the money.  The reviews said the noise cancelling part was not up to par, especially compared to the Bose.  I'm not very confident that the cool buttons will be very useful..

Now here's my story.  I was flying back from LAX this weekend and was sick of my IEM noise cancelling Senns.  I hate wires!  So i broke down and bought the Parrot.  I LOVE THEM.  They connect to my android phone seamlessly without having to figure anything out.  The noise cancellation part is what I will call "very very good".  I think the Bose is better (from what i read) but these do a WONDERFUL job on the NC.  

The best thing about these is how intuitive they are.  I thought the touch panel controlls were gimmicky and a good way to steal $400 from me.  Well, they actually do work.  They change my spotify songs, pause, vol up / down etc..  It just works well.  I was afraid it would be quirky but mine have done what they claim every time. 

Theyre also very comfortable.  Im sure the others are too.  The sound is good enough.  You cannot beg for actual hifi sound on a BT/NC headphone on a PLANE!  The point of these is to make flying easier..  For that they get a 10/10 from me.  The sound is good enough that I never said "ew i wish they sounded better."  They also go loud enough too which is big..  My IEM Senns require an external amp connected to my phone/computer when travelling.  

Anyway, I love these and I wonder when the version 2 will come out...

I wish someone would chime in on their experience with the Senns..  Will they control my phone like these do?  

THanks,

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #8 of 9
Oh i forgot to mention my favorite part!  The sensor on the earpad (you cannot feel it dont worry) causes the headphones to turn "off" when you take them off your head...  When you do this, it also pauses your music/movie app..  So my spotify and netflix paused automatically when i put the headphones around my neck.  When i put them back on, there's a short lag and everything's back on like I like it.  When i say short lag, it wasn't annoyingly long.  I hate waiting for electronics to sync up.  

Battery life...  i used them most of the way from Cali to Bama yesterday and still have about 40% battery left..  I know this from the cool phone app!

The app is great but doesn't really do that much unless you want to change the sound..  I personally keep mine standard or unchanged. But you can fool around with the eq and listening environments from the app if you like.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back