HELP! I'm being baught out by the Sony marketing monster! Where's Tyll? Where's Todd?
Aug 4, 2001 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Eagle_Driver

Headphoneus Supremus
Someone claiming to be from Sony USA wanted to pay me to endorse one of their headphones! *Seeing that I tried almost all of Sony's current line of headphones* GRRR! I told that "Sony rep" to shove it up his ***! He then said "I'll come back and get you next time! And you take what's coming to you!"
mad.gif
eek.gif

Think about the following three questions. When you're done, please reply to this thread.

1. Is the aforementioned "Sony rep" real, or is he bogus?
2. What shall I do in this so-called "no-win" situation?
3. Which Sony headphones did that "Sony rep" told me to endorse? (Here's a clue: They're very expensive for the performance they deliver, but I'm not gonna tell you the model until I receive sufficient replies with your guesses.)

Any questions or comments? Reply with your answers for questions 1 and 2, and a guess for question 3, 8am-midnight (EST) daily (Cont. U.S.). Please explain why you chose your answers with all replies.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks,

Randall/Eagle_Driver

Aug 4, 2001 at 2:17 AM Post #3 of 11
1. Nah, someone's playing a sick joke on you.
I don't think Sony would do that (see also 3.)

2. Nothing. You're doing just fine.
smily_headphones1.gif

3. V600?

If the guess is right then I'm sure it's a joke since these are most probably the most 'popular' cans on Head-Fi.

Bye

Redwoood

Aug 4, 2001 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 11
1) - REAL! Sony has the best customer support of anyone - and they want to stay in touch with the customer...
2) - Accept! Sony makes awesome cans....
wink.gif

3) R10s.

Aug 4, 2001 at 4:14 AM Post #6 of 11
1. A prank call by somebody that managed to get your number and has seen you on these forums, as all you seem to do in your spare time is bash Sony headphones all day long. The person was probably getting quite sick of your statements.

2. Take the headphones, and enjoy...you just got a free pair of...

3. ...Sony MDR-V600. I doubt it's the R10s as there's like a whole 3 people that have heard the R10s between Headwize and Headfi, and that's not enough people to judge how well they perform for their price and whatnot.

Aug 4, 2001 at 7:49 AM Post #8 of 11
totally false! I mean, could you possibly imagine a sony rep asking a total nobod--umm, you know what? forget that. let me try something else. Um, sony would never ask a complete lose--dangit! okay, forget that too. look, somebody's pulling a fast one on you! Same thing happened to me a while ago. As soon as the headwize archives come back up, search for the name "muarice" and you'll find my thread.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 4, 2001 at 7:25 PM Post #9 of 11
i heard the r10's too....

1. my guess is that it's a prank
2. forget about it, it's a prank
3. the v700dj

Aug 4, 2001 at 9:00 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Neruda said...

I mean, could you possibly imagine a sony rep asking a total nobod--umm, you know what? forget that. let me try something else. Um, sony would never ask a complete lose--dangit! okay, forget that too.

BWAHAHAHA... umm, oh yeah...
wink.gif

1. Prank (not a big-name, dumb celebrity)
2. Get their e-mail address, then spam the living crap out of 'em. (hey, they deserve it)
biggrin.gif

3. V900 (other people already guessed the V600)

Aug 4, 2001 at 11:30 PM Post #11 of 11
Moderators, you can lock this thread now.

Earlier today I had learned that the "Sony rep" is a bogus prankster! He's been nailed by the cops for selling stolen merchandise! So I needed to do nothing, he's already been busted. And as for the exact Sony headphone, it's those MDR-CD2000's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back