Help - iems for a smaller ear canal
Jan 31, 2019 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dimmockg

500+ Head-Fier
My ear canal is on the smaller side and I struggle to get a good fit / seal with some iems

I'm on the lookout for some with a reasonably small (width) nozzle to ensure I can get a good seal/fit

Music is mainly EDM, would prefer over the ear with an MMCX connection for future cable flexibility

Tried:
Ibasso it01 - fit no good
Final e4000 - fit etc great, but a little too much bass

On my shortlist are:
Sony xba n1/n3 - bit worried about the bass
Pinnacle p1
OKCSC p4 Pro (amazon UK)
Dunu falcon c

Budget is up to £225 and ideally needs to be on Amazon UK as have some credit in my account

Cheers

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 4
I have quite challenging and small ear canals too.
The Pinnacle P1 fits well for me (with the right tips, in my case Mandarines Symbio S)
And for my Kanas Pro I had a local audiologist make custom silicone tips, cost €80 incl the impression. With the impression it became visible that I have narrow but high canals, not very good for a round tip...

Feb 23, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the info
You're welcome :)
One more comment - I have quite limited experience with IEMs, so take it as such.

I bought the P1 since it was highly recommended (and still is) and I found it at a very good price (I think €135)
It was my first decent IEM, and it just did not get me engaged or excited. I am still getting back to it sometimes to compare and try to understand.
The Kanas Pro on the other hand blew me away with a smooth clarity, detail, separation and emotion.

Playing Aurora "Running with the wolves" almost gives me goosebumps. The voice floats and shimmers, the bass rolls deep. Beautiful.
Balanced but very engaging. Bass is powerful but not overwhelming.
I know music systems, but I am new to IEMs, so I can't compare to others.

Long story short - I'd rather recommend the KPE than the P1.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back