Help i am looking for IEMs for around $50-$100
Nov 19, 2010 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ConflictedMind

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, new to the site and i am loving the plethora of information here. My girlfriends birthday is coming up and i would love to get her a new pair of IEMs. Shes has a ipod shuffle, and been using its default crap headphones (sigh). She listens to alot of sarah bareilles, john mayer, enya, sarah mclaughlin, chopin, regina spektor. Looking to spend around 50-100 for a pair. excluding shipping+taxes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 19, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #2 of 9
Etymotic's are excellent and easily driven by that DAP.  At least two in that price range, I love my ER6i and a co-worker has a pair for her ipod.  Also ultimate ears super.fi 4 are great for that type of music as well as the Super.fi 5 all can be found on amazon for under $100.  Hopefully some other folks will chime in to help you out.

Nov 20, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #4 of 9
Thanks dziendobry. I have a pair of Monster Turbine Copper Pros, upgraded from bose IEs and havent looked backed since. It cringes me when i see my gf using plain ipod headphones. She thought i was pure nuts paying for headphones that are 10 or more.

Nov 20, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #5 of 9
A $30 pair of Head-Direct RE2's would good enough to be honest. The sound quality of the RE2 is comparable to IEM's worth $200. Only downside is that they may be light in bass, still it's present and very accurate nonetheless.

Nov 20, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #7 of 9
Not entirely certain about monster turbines specially since mentioning the monsters on head-fi is a flame-able offence. Never personally heard them myself but I think theres a bargain for it at $60 at amazon at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back