HELP!!!! HELP!!!! OMG HELP!
Jul 17, 2001 at 1:06 AM Post #2 of 11
Open them and resolder them, easy...ier said than done that is...

You have to first take the earcup off the headband (easy) and somehow, with some sort of knife or sharp thingy, separate the earcup into its two parts so you can expose the innards. Then just resolder the wire.

Another way is to send it to Grados and they will fix it for you for I think $20.

Jul 17, 2001 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 11
If they're under a year old, Grado should fix them for nothing, as they're still under warranty. If they're out of warranty, I think I would rather have Grado fix them and pay what they ask.........mainly because, I know I'd screw them up even more!
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2001 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 11
Am I the only one who finds Sirwar's custom title hilariously ironic given his post?
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, that's horrible, call the Grado hotline pronto...

Jul 17, 2001 at 4:29 AM Post #7 of 11
LOL, I didn't even think of that!

I love a good ironic joke : )

Hey, there are some things I'm sensitive about and some I'm not. you can bash on me all you want, I don't care; but touch my headphones....bang zoom straight to the moon!

Jul 17, 2001 at 10:30 AM Post #10 of 11
same here with the sr60..

are you having problems with the sound or just a "loose" wire?

I myself wouldn't attempt DIY-ing such expensive cans, specially not Grado's cause they seem quite hard to take apart (butterknives? no wait, that was with the button
tongue.gif
)

Jul 17, 2001 at 8:33 PM Post #11 of 11
you can just put a little hot glue at the junction where the cable meets the earcup. it should keep the cable from moving. if the cable moves too much the wire can get metal fatigue and you can end up with an intermittent connection which would be much harder to fix. an ounce of prevention...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back