Help finding headphones for Dub/Electronic please
Apr 19, 2013 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

StringBoi

100+ Head-Fier
I know this has been asked before, I've searched around...but I have a few special needs on my search. 

I'm looking for a decent pair of headphones for my electronic music.  I own the HD600's and think they sound pretty damn good for just about all my music, but I bought my HD600's for classical/vocal and they fit the bill perfectly.   I'd like to find something closed, that work just as good with Dubstep and other Electronic genres.  I'm not much of a basshead...at times I like the boom, but can only take so much of it for a period of time, the over boomy bass can start to give me a headache.  I'd like something that can deliver with this kind of music, without being too much....if thats possible. 

Can I get some suggestions, preferably under $300?  I dont know if neutral is what I'm looking for since I cant handle deep bass for long periods of time, or is it that I'm looking for clean, crisp bass?  If you own the HD600's as well, and have a closed pair used for similar music, can you clearly hear a nice difference to justify the cost of the two?

I'll be using these only at home hooked up to my PC via Xonar ST....portability, Amp/DAC pairing is not a concern in my search.

Thanks all!

May 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #4 of 5
I hear good things about the V-moda M100s and the Sony MDR-1Rs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back