Help find wireless headphones for watching movies, home theater use.
Sep 29, 2018 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

thejonamr

New Head-Fier
I need help finding good headphones that I can use for watching movies/series, listening to music and a little gaming.
I've done some digging and was not able to find an answer that I am confident in, or that could make me feel like the headphones I am looking at is the ones I should buy.

Just as you know, I am somewhat a newbie when it comes to headphones.

Now, what I am looking for is mainly a wireless headphone that I can use to watch movies, series. I will be using my PC to do this. I'd also like to use the headphones when I play on my PS4. I'd like to use them for music too.
The headphones will not be used outside my apartment. I might consider wired options if you have some that you'd think I'd like, but I like to be able to walk around while listening to whatever it is I am listening to.
Only reason for getting headphones is that I live in a student accommodation, meaning there's a lot of people around me that I don't really want to bother. I think that there's somewhat thick concrete walls though, can't really say that I've been able to hear anything from the others yet, but then again, I wear a headset all day..:neutral_face: :smile_phones:

I either listen to music or I watch a movie/serie in my spare time, it's one or the other.
Any kind of movie really, action, comedy whatever.
Listen to any genre of music, rock, metal, pop, electronic.
Mostly play single player games, not that much of a gamer.

Comfort is important as I'm using headphones over long periods of time. So circumaural headphones is a must. (full size / over ear)
Hoping to get some kind of surround sound from them. Would the "dolby atmos for headphones" do the job?
Open or Closed back headphones? Feel like closed back is a safe bet.
I am hoping to get some kind of "wow" feeling from the headphones, at least the first time I use them, guess that won't be too difficult to achieve as the headphones I've used so far is:
Bluedio T2
Logitech G933
Urbanista New York

Are any of these good enough you think? I personally don't know. Can I get any better with what I am willing to spend on a new headphone?

I am willing to pay up to 450 USD for new headphones, maybe 500 USD.

Any wireless technology is fine, bluetooth would be nice but not necessary. For flexibility sake.

These two are the ones that I'm locked on for the moment:
Sennheiser RS 195
SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Any comments on them?
I like the whole separate transmitter station thing.
Any other suggestions for what I could get?

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 7
I will try one more time, is there no headset that suits my needs?
Are the ones that I've been looking at the ones I should choose between?
Are one of the ones I have good enough? Can't it get much better in the price range I've specified?

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #3 of 7
Don’t do a lot of wireless myself and if watching a movie will be thru my home theater . For gaming and movies the Audeze Mobius would be something to look at. Didn’t listen to music from them only game demos and a movie clip but the 3D effect was quite good along with the sound and I think run $399 usd. Don’t know the others you listed so can’t say anything about them.

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #4 of 7
Don’t do a lot of wireless myself and if watching a movie will be thru my home theater . For gaming and movies the Audeze Mobius would be something to look at. Didn’t listen to music from them only game demos and a movie clip but the 3D effect was quite good along with the sound and I think run $399 usd. Don’t know the others you listed so can’t say anything about them.

Thank you for your reply :)
I'll take a look at Audeze Mobius.

I personally prefer a home theater, but that's not an option, unfortunately..

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #5 of 7
Understand about not a option. If I did much gaming anymore or watch movies by headphone I would probably pick up a pair the 3D effect was really good and the comfort for me was also pretty good. They had a demo clip of Star Wars “The Last Jedi” with a chase of the Millennium Falcon and a couple of Tie fighters and when things zipped by back to front or front to back the sound did the same very convincingly.

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #6 of 7
Understand about not a option. If I did much gaming anymore or watch movies by headphone I would probably pick up a pair the 3D effect was really good and the comfort for me was also pretty good. They had a demo clip of Star Wars “The Last Jedi” with a chase of the Millennium Falcon and a couple of Tie fighters and when things zipped by back to front or front to back the sound did the same very convincingly.

This is really helpful, thank you. :gs1000smile:
I'll keep this in mind when considering the Audeze Mobius.

Oct 18, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #7 of 7
Not a problem . I’m more of a wired headphone person so not a lot of experience with wireless only a pair of HD-1’s that I got the wife for travel and a Bluetooth adapter for my KZ in ears but mostly listen to wired headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back