Help deciding a good pair of ultra portable on ear headphones?
Sep 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mrlolftw

Head-Fier
I need a good pair of ultra portable on ear headphones since my M50's are a bit too large for everyday carrying around. I took a look around, and all the ones i have listed seem to be in my price range, but the PX-200II's seem to be the ones that are the most ultra portable, my only problem with them is they look really uncomftorble. I have PortaPros, and i love the sound for the price but they are so unbearably uncomfortable to wear for more then 30 minutes that i'm looking for a replacement solution. Alternitevly, i could just buy a pair of good IEM's, although i kind of wanted to get both. Being a sort of AKG fanboy, i looked at alot of their offerings, but the PX-200II's seem to be the best ones. Anyone know anything about these?

The options i have come up with are

Sennheiser PX-200i
AKG Q460 - lots of suprisingly negative reviews on these? I think they just look slick with the matte black and the lime green cable, but then again it's comfort>portability>sound>looks
AKG K81
AKG K181

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-mrlolftw

Nov 15, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 5
The Sennheiser PX 100 ii is very comfortable. They don't weight anything either. I have the PX 100 and the only differense between PX 100 and PX 100 ii is the sound. The PX 100 ii has better sound than the PX 100. They are ultraportable, comfortable and has a very good sound to be that cheap. That should be a easy choice! :wink:

Nov 15, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #5 of 5
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back