Help decide the best headphone for this person :) Thanks a lot guys :)
Jun 17, 2011 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

ineedmorebase

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, I mostly listen to trance , I LOVE epic breakdowns with lots of bass that make you go crazy :)! That involve you in the music you know? Price Range is about 350$ MSRP, I will get sooner or later the Fiio E7 since I'm happy right now with my Onkyo 4000$ Reciever.

I Want LOTS OF BASS!! Really FEEL, my music, enjoy it for real, I want it to make me get up and dance and jump like a lunatic! BUT it needs to be super clear and full of texture like my previous IEM's that were Triple.fi 10 and they sounded gorgeous! On lyrics there was so much detail and TEXTURE! They were amazing , it was like having the singer right in your head , you could feel her...BUT they lacked the bass i wanted...i wanted MORE! so i asked around and most people told me I would get more bass with headphones :D

They need to be comfortable of course! , I dont care about noice leakage or noise cancellation at all...since it's at home :)

Today I tested the denon ah h100 anniversary and the guys told me it was almost like the denon 7000 except for 10k hz of frecuency sound...but i HATED THEM, their price, and theyre bass left me WANTING MORE! 

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #2 of 70
I also found some unpackaging videos of the denon ah a100 anniversary and people shared my opinion of lacking bass which i really hate...

Remember guys: Trance,Bass,Punchyness,Boomyness,Sound Quality, Texture, Well...i think you guys get it :D!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

People reccomended me: 

Denon AH D2000 (Please have good bass!) , ATH M50 and D700 Pro 80 or something like that...

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 70
Boominess = bad quality

You have two great sets of headphones with emphasized bass, Ultrasone Pro 900 and Sony XB1000.

I also listen to EDM, and I can say that the Pro 900 are nothing short of amazing.

Oh, and from what I've read, those Denons A100 are on a very, very lower tier compared to their flagship D7000, while still being overpriced.

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #6 of 70
Thank you for replying!! :D So Ultrasone Pro 900> Denon AH D2000?

How's the bass? thanks :)!

And by boominess i meant like the bass would fill you more...not so much as to overwhelm you but close to it :p and isint sony kidna cheap?

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #7 of 70

Quote:

And by boominess i meant like the bass would fill you more...not so much as to overwhelm you but close to it :p and isint sony kidna cheap?

Yes, Pro 900's are better than D2000's... also much more expensive.

Boomy bass is flabby, uncontrolled, and will sound like Beats by Dre headphones.  Good bass is deep, tight, and full/thick (depending on headphones -- can be "slow" or "fast" sounding).

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #8 of 70

Quote:

Well, Sony has made a bit of everything. Sure, they make crappy $5 earbuds, but they also have:

Each of which can go for as much, or more than your receiver.

As much as I hate to say it, most headphones will probably disappoint you in terms of bass quantity. They can only move so much air, that being said, Ultrasones may get you close enough to what you want. You can read about the XB1000's, but I have nothing to say about them since I haven't heard them. the XB700 and XB500 both had waaaaay too much bass for me though.

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #9 of 70

Quote:

The Pro 900s can be had for $350, the exact budget of the OP. And yes, they're a step beyond the D2000.

They're considered to be one of the best bass headphones available.

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #10 of 70
XB700>XB500? Also, what do you think about Ultimate Ears super fi EB? (extended bass) since i liked the triple fi's so much...thanks again!

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #11 of 70

Quote:

Boomy bass is flabby, uncontrolled, and will sound like Beats by Dre headphones.  Good bass is deep, tight, and full/thick (depending on headphones -- can be "slow" or "fast" sounding).

I just dont want that feeling of expecting more, like neeeding more bass you know? Like i did with the denon a100 today

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #13 of 70

Quote:
I just dont want that feeling of expecting more, like neeeding more bass you know? Like i did with the denon a100 today

Well, you can't really get much more bass from headphones beyond the Pro 900
wink.gif
For instance, many people say that the bass of the Denons D7000 is more refined, but it has less quantity and impact, while the Pro 900 really have those things, which are great for bassheads. If you listen mainly to EDM, like the different types of Trance, I don't think you can go wrong with the Pro 900.

EDIT: D2000 is known to have less bass quantity and quality.

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #14 of 70
thank you very much, what then, would be the cons of the pro 900 other than slightly high price? and EDM=?

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #15 of 70

Quote:
Well, you can't really get much more bass from headphones beyond the Pro 900
wink.gif
For instance, many people say that the bass of the Denons D7000 is more refined, but it has less quantity and impact, while the Pro 900 really have those things, which are great for bassheads. If you listen mainly to EDM, like the different types of Trance, I don't think you can go wrong with the Pro 900.

EDIT: D2000 is known to have less bass quantity and quality.

Why are there no reviews on youtube? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back